"SUPERMOON" on 19th March 2011

The phenomenon known as lunar perigee or Supermoon will occur on 19th of March 2011. The moon will be only 221,567 miles away from our planet, which is the closest in the last 19 years. It is anticipated that the earth might experience extreme weather conditions. However, there is no scientific proof for it yet. If you have any information regarding the Supermoon phenomenon, share it with all of us.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    This may be helpful to you :- #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Is Tsunami and earthquake in Japan occurs due to Extreme Super Moon day ? Now scientist have given an good answer for this - absolutely No. The reason behind this was, on this day the moon was actually away from its average distance (400,000 km) suggesting that there is no possibility of effect of Super Moon on Tsunami which is happened on Japan.
    ...that's a good point to note from that article.

Should we live blog about supermoon tomorrow on CE? All of us, the insomniacs? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    AbraKaDabra
    ...that's a good point to note from that article.

Should we live blog about supermoon tomorrow on CE? All of us, the insomniacs? ๐Ÿ˜€
    @AKD: Live blog? I don't get you AKD. ๐Ÿ˜•
    But yes I would like to know about it. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    I'm waiting for that "supermoon". I hope I can go to a beach or in mountain where I can clearly see that super big moon.๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @all: Live blogging means, we post about the event in real time i.e. at the instant it is happening.
    If we happen to see the supermoon in our areas, we will be online at the same time and write about what we are seeing.
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    The moon is looking really super and awesome today! All Bright! ๐Ÿ˜€

(Although I feel that it's looking no different from the other full moons! May be it will appear bigger after short while! ๐Ÿ˜› But there is definitely a different feel toward it! ๐Ÿ˜)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nion
    The moon is looking really super and awesome today! All Bright! ๐Ÿ˜€

(Although I feel that it's looking no different from the other full moons! May be it will appear bigger after short while! ๐Ÿ˜› But there is definitely a different feel toward it! ๐Ÿ˜)
    Agreed. Not bigger than what I've seen so far. Maybe we all need to wait for a while. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    The moon disappointed me for not being any bigger than the other big full moons
    Anyhow, its amazingly bright! There's a special aura around it ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Sharing a photo I found on the net:

Click on the image thumbnail to enlarge it.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    the moon looks bigger than usual from my place (or maybe 'cos I don't regularly look at it ๐Ÿ˜›). It is big and round and of a yellowish-orange hue!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This thread is dedicated to the construction details and the latest status update of One World Trade Center. The tower is also called as 'Freedom Tower' and here are the...
I'm wondering whether there's any app available for Android OS similar to PUTTY program (SSH client). Any alternatives would do as well ๐Ÿ˜€
Hi CEans I'm starting this thread to gain some basic information about terms involved in all trades.Hope it would be beneficial for all the Ceans ๐Ÿ˜€ Here,one must post the...
Hi CEans If you think that you are good at debugging then why dont you try some of the debugging questions posted below.Post your output along with the correct code.The...
Newton has his own theory for gravity. and Einstein had different views. Lets share knowledge about these two different theories.