Summer training - LAMP(Linux, Apache server, MySQL, php) , Dot net, Linux- shell scripting

hello! i have to select among the following three options for my paid compulsory summer training in my college:
1. LAMP(Linux,Apache server, MySQL,php)
2. .net
3. Linux- shell scripting

I personally have great interest in web development.
i want to learn complete aspects of web development
which is the 😛 best way to approach...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Friend,

I can't believe LAMP and Shell scripting are paid, compulsory summer trainings. What makes you think you like web development?
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Thanx for replying..

actually i want to make websites and spread spread my ideas on the world wide web..
    i think web is a powerful tool and has tremendous power..
    it can collect, make and change opinions..
    along with all this i think web development is a good option to earn more money..

Am i right?
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    doesn't web development provide with a god career option or an enough good option to earn good amount of money?
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    The_Big_K
    Friend,

I can't believe LAMP and Shell scripting are paid, compulsory summer trainings. What makes you think you like web development?
    what do you mean by the statement? is LAMP and Shell scripting training free? and what does "can't believe compulsory" mean..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    actually i want to make websites and spread spread my ideas on the world wide web..
    i think web is a powerful tool and has tremendous power..
    it can collect, make and change opinions..
    along with all this i think web development is a good option to earn more money..
    I think you've made the choice for yourself already. If you are interested in Web Development, I think you should choose the LAMP course. I personally think there cannot be 'training' on LAMP as such. LAMP is easy to setup and it's just a way to quickly setup webserver-like environment on desktop machine.

I think you can easily setup and get started on LAMP. There's plenty of documentation available on the Internet.

If you are really interested in web-development; think about Ruby On Rails, PHP, mySQL, Javascript, HTML & CSS.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Thank you Big K.. sorry for replying late
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    I wanted to ask what did you mean when you said you cant believe shell scripting is paid?

also please tell me about .net?
    mt teacher told me that .net keeps on changing in about 6 months so no point in learning .net. is it so?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not saying you should not attend LAMP. I thought you are already familiar with web development.

If web development IS your interest; go for the LAMP.

Shell scripting - it depends on your liking. For .Net; I recommend Quest Video courses which are available on CE. I believe there can't be any better way of learning .Net than learning it through Quest Video Courseware. Look at following link:

#-Link-Snipped-#

In my opinion; you should go with LAMP.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Big K but you said that there cant be as such training in LAMP.
    so i should proceed with LAMP with course content on the internet?
    can you suggest some good link if you have come across on the internet for LAMP.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Pls send me some tips or suggestions regarding .net

which one is better to learn in my summer holidays .net or php?

as i have heard .net is vry difiicult to learn, it changes every 6months.

regarding php i have heard that it is comparitively easy but there are many people in the market for php but .net people are less.

sorry for troubling with these questions.

can you help clear these points?
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    please reply... waiting
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    For dotnet I think it is not needed to go for some centre to learn..
    It is not much difficult to learn by ourself...I dont know much about the php...
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    Even php is easy to learn.You don't need to go for classes to learn php.
    About shell,I think you shouldn't pay for it because there is much free online material available to learn shell scripting.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    thank you guys for replying...
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    can you tell me a good book for php or .net
    or if some good link of sites you have come across or like to recommend for both?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

this is the brief discussion about my project :it actually automatically fillup the application forms or other forms on net (on the sites mentioned).Actually the information that is to be...
An installation of LED lamps in refrigerated space (inside reach-in glass doors on grocery cooler) has seen high failure rate of LED lamp drivers (AC to DC). LED lamps are...
I am a first year student and i have planned to do a SHORT RANGE CELL PHONE SIGNAL JAMMER....only about 10m and using the circuit diagram we constructed one and...
Generally what things to be learn after core java ,whether servlets and JSP or EJB or anythig else........................ and wht is this EJB??? why it is used????
import java.io.*; import java.net.*; class AdviceClient { void go() { try { Socket s = new Socket("127.0.0.1",4242); InputStreamReader ir = new InputStreamReader(s.getInputStream()); BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(ir); String str=br.readLine(); System.out.println("Advice...