Suggestions regarding Phone Interview

We have lot of our CEans going to attend the interviews now and as well as we have lot of our CEans working in various companies. It will be great if any of them gives us a few suggestions regarding the phone Interviews; Who conducts them? How they will be? How to receive their call? How to handle it? What they expect from us? so on..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Phone interviews are very similar to face to face interviews. There are few things one may keep in mind while attending phone interviews :-

1. Make sure that the schedule for the interview is convenient for you. You should not be in the middle of something or tired or too busy when the interviewers call you.
    2. It's better to disable your caller tune for the time being.
    3. Be ready for the call at least 5 minutes in advance. Move over to a silent place where no one will disturb you.
    4. According to the phone etiquette, the call receiver introduces first. However, if you find that odd; wait for the callers to introduce themselves. Be alert and greet them at the right moment and answer the initial introductions related questions they may ask.
    5. Always listen patiently and understand the question fully before you attempt to answer them. You may take few seconds time to answer the question. It's OKAY to ask the interviewers for clarification. If the line is not clear or the signal is not strong, you may ask them to dial-in again.
    6. Talk calmly. Lot of people speak faster just to appear fluent in language. It's a wrong thing to do.
    7. As the interview concludes, wish 'good day' to the interviewers.

Other than this, the actual interview over the phone won't be different from face to face interview.

I hope this helps. If anyone's got questions, doubts, feel free to ask. I'm sure lot of our working professionals will happily answer all the questions.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    That's a very nice say Biggie ๐Ÿ˜€
    If anyone attended on-phone Interviews; please share your experiences here.
  • MegaByte
    MegaByte
    Nice suggestions, Biggie! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If someone benefits by following my suggestions, please post your experiences here ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    One important note, I wish and hope Ceans dont do this!

Dont ask your friend to attend the interview for you!!

You will get caught in personal Interview again!

So dont do this!! I have been interviewing people and caught 2 people who did this! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @E-S: Yeah! Absolutely true! I remember one of my friends had caught one such candidate!
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Thanks a lot for nice info ๐Ÿ˜€
    i will have to face this later someday ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to make a doorbell , after pressing 3 time or 5sec after without responce, another recorder circuit will work for record the visitor voice.... so how can i...
Suppose there are 3 routers between source host and destination host. Ignoring fragmentation, an Ip datagram sent from source to destination will travel how many interfaces ? How many forwarding...
hey i wanna implement distributed computing in microcontrollers. can ny1 sugst vich microcontroller wud b betr??
This is a video of an event that happened in IIT roorkee which attract the attention of our jobless media to make it a big controversy..... YouTube - 'Love Lips...
Hello every one, good morning / evening I'm an Instrumentation and Control Engineering student , from Saudi Arabia. Actually, ICE is not well known in my society, so I usually...