Suggestions on creating website

Hello Ceans,

can you please suggest me good front-end and back-end languages, for creating a website for a friend of mine.
I have recently created one basic website as a college project , using jsp+ mysq database. on netbeans.
The purpose is to learn more, so pleae suggest accordingly,
and also please suggest, the corresponding IDE.

Thanks in advance,
Gaurav

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gaurav,

The choice of languages entirely depends on what you're trying to build. If its a simple text-image site, you can get the job done using simple HTML & CSS.

However, if you're trying to build something web 2.0ish, you'll need , HTML, CSS, JavaScript, XML, [Perl, maybe!] and mysql database.

For the IDE - I recommend Eclipse Europa 😁 . That's my favorite.

Let me know if that answers your query.
  • gauravtiwari89
    gauravtiwari89
    I want the site to be dynamic , and look sophisticated(it is for professional purpose ) , and I am planning to give it user accounts.

one more thing big k , some noobies have been asking me to check out Dreamweaver, should I??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, PHP should be the language of choice along with the scalable mysql database.

Could you give us an example of any site you'd want your site to look like (and similar in functionality).
  • gauravtiwari89
    gauravtiwari89
    - I am planning on drop down menus
    - no flash whatsoever.
    - I am supposed to display high resolution photographs(he's a photographer).

and for the example website, Ill just post the link as soon as i find one!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gauravtiwari89
    I want the site to be dynamic , and look sophisticated(it is for professional purpose ) , and I am planning to give it user accounts.

one more thing big k , some noobies have been asking me to check out Dreamweaver, should I??
    You can have all the dropdown fancy using CSS. [​IMG] . Dreamweaver simplifies the whole website design process. I thought you want to do it as another college project.

Your task can be greatly simplified. I recommend using a content management system, even Wordpress is amazing! For displaying high resolution images, my favorite is the lightbox script (freely available on the Internet).

All said, dreamweaver is a commercial software and its going to dig a deep hole in your pocket. CMS or Wordpress is your best bet! 😀
  • gauravtiwari89
    gauravtiwari89
    OK..
    got that.:smile:

thanks a lot biggie
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gauravtiwari89
    OK..
    got that.:smile:

thanks a lot biggie

Alright! [​IMG]

Do share the link with all of us once you're done with the project.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can any one give me the ready seminar of bluetec engine ............... or any one can help me to create seminar on bluetec. any informatin you know regarding bluetec please...
Here you have it, the world's first micro Four Thirds camera, the Lumix DMC-G1. Panasonic calls it the "world's smallest and lightest digital interchangeable lens camera," a fancy of way...
Here's the link for Skype's Beta 4 download - Download the beta version of Skype for Windows 😁 I'll post my review as soon.
hello i am kushang, I am a third year ENTC student from Pune...
Enclosed is a drawing of an ocean energy gathering machine and I want you to tell me if it could work or not. sorry, could not upload image ? Thomas