Suggest ways to compeletely remove Phishing

Phishing is one of the most common attack used by hackers to hack someone's personal information like credit card no's .Most of us know how to detect phishing ,If not

have a look!!!

#-Link-Snipped-#

But The question is how to make aware most of users across the world about it????

Suggest every possible way to make people know about it ?So that no one will be fooled by some crooks

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    One basic thing to do would be to check the URL of the link before actually clicking it.
    Place your mouse cursor over the link and see the URL in the status bar of the browser.
    If the URL is the one you intended, you can go ahead.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    because of my constant ranting about the bank on public forums like blogs, Though the bank authorities replies back to same posts, they sent me personal emails to send them the personal details like account number et al. May be they need it for investigation, but there is no way I can confirm they are the right people.

So never ever give you details to anyone via mail/word.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    See, there are few rules -

1. Banks will NEVER ask you for account details or to change your account details by sending an email.
    2. Never purchase online from sites that aren't trusted.
    3. Anything related to money & bank should be avoided online unless you are absolutely SURE!
    4. Make sure your credit cards are secured for online transactions.
    5. Do NOT share your passwords with anyone.
    6. Do not access Internet banking from public locations; unless you must on some occasion.
    7. When your email program informs any mail as phishing alert - don't ignore it.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Be very careful while accessing money transaction sites or email sites in public pc like cyber cafe, your credentials can be stolen.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Ceans! I'm Nima from Nagpur, Maharashtra. Hope I prove to be useful to CE.😁
Though most of the people take this part lightly, it is not as easy as it seems. the Analytical writing consists of two parts: Writing an essay presenting your point...
In GRE, there are many words that are only a letter apart, also there are many words which seem to be similar and students often confuse the meaning of one...
Many computer experts must be knowing this already, but chrome has come up with this cool feature in the URL search tab. I observed Today morning a 'tab' key in...
I searched for it on the Web, but couldn't come up with a satisfying answer. 😲 Most websites reflected the same names... I know it's a difficult question to answer,...