Suggest me new laptop with SSD and min 8 GB ram and >= i5 processor

Please suggest me some laptop with configuration defined in title

I also read about 16 GB optane and 1 TB HDD , is the performance same as with SSD ?

Any feedback?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Manish - what is going to be the primary function of the laptop? 

SSDs are noticeably faster than HDD. Once you've experienced SSDs you can't go back to HDD. 

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal

Development. I should be able to work on android studio, eclipse comfortably

SSD are better but my only confusion right now is

16 GB Optane with 1 TB HDD vs 250 GB SSD

which one is better performance wise

• Mohit G
    Mohit G

Go with the first option. My laptop has SSD and it is already running out of space. You don't need SSD unless you are doing heavy code compiling. 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

I agree with Mohit. Optane + HDD looks like a good option for a development machine. You're going to need lot of storage and you'll do good with a decent quality HDD.

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal

This is what I have purchased now acer aspire 515 1 TB HDD, 4 GB Ram, I5 8th Generation which was 34k

Now I replaced HDD with Samsung EVO 860 256 GB, M2 Slot with 16 GB Optane Memory and enhanced RAM TO 8 GB and now laptop running like a champ boottime 2-3 secs and eclipse project build up around 5 sec which was around 60 secs with my old laptop

total cost 48 K, which was originally above 70 k with these specification

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have got rank around 5k and 1st round is already completed and I didn't get any institute. my preference was like this:-Act:-sunbeam:-vita:-akurdi:-know-ITIs there any chances of getting institute from...
a sensor denoting maintenance for two wheelers is worthable project for engineer
My rank in A+B+c is 1200 can i get admission in cdac embedded system course..
Hi Vinay here looking for a job But I did M&E maintenance not satisfied I would like to become Design engineer which coarse what software coarse should I choose can...