suggest a suitable master course for an industrial engineer..

Hi..
I'm an industrial engineer and I want to kno the MS courses those an industrial engineer is most likely to choose..
The fields that are open for an industrial engineer to pursue ones master's..
Could you plz suggest some universities as well for the courses that you mention..
My academics are:
10th- 82.13%
12th- 87%
Degree- 67.29%
and
GRE score- 302..

Please suggest accordingly..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Why not go for masters in Industrial Engineering?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    304 is a really good score. You should opt for the best ones.
    Best universities for MS or Ph.D in Industrial Engineering are as follows -
    1. NC State – Industrial Engineering
    2. Georgia Tech
    3. University of Washington – Industrial and Systems Engineering
    4. Wayne State University – Master of Science in Industrial Engineering
    5. Columbia University
    6. North Dakota State University
    7. Polytechnic Institute of New York University.
    8. University of Texas at Arlington
    9. New Jersey Institute of Technology
    10. New Mexico state University
    11. Rutgers University
    12. University of Iowa
    Visit each of their websites and check their admission process. You will surely find out which one is best for you. All the best!
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    The_Big_K
    Why not go for masters in Industrial Engineering?
    #-Link-Snipped-# --> If MS industrial has good job prospects in US..?? Will it be a good choice..??
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    AbraKaDabra
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    304 is a really good score. You should opt for the best ones.
    Best universities for MS or Ph.D in Industrial Engineering are as follows -
    1. NC State – Industrial Engineering
    2. Georgia Tech
    3. University of Washington – Industrial and Systems Engineering
    4. Wayne State University – Master of Science in Industrial Engineering
    5. Columbia University
    6. North Dakota State University
    7. Polytechnic Institute of New York University.
    8. University of Texas at Arlington
    9. New Jersey Institute of Technology
    10. New Mexico state University
    11. Rutgers University
    12. University of Iowa
    Visit each of their websites and check their admission process. You will surely find out which one is best for you. All the best!
    #-Link-Snipped-# Hi.. Thank you.. I've given my GRE today itself..
    Do i have a chance of getting admitted to these universities..??
    How are the job prospects and recognition of the MS in Industrial..?? Will it be a good choice..??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A good choice will be the one that aligns perfectly with your interestes and likings. Industrial engineering always had a good scope but you should first find out the kind of placements your target University offers. Don't worry about prospects because no one knows and can predict what will be the situation after 2 years. It's actually no use worrying about future.

I'd recommend finding out the domain of your interest first and then checking whether Industrial engineers can enroll for that course.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The_Big_K
    A good choice will be the one that aligns perfectly with your interestes and likings. Industrial engineering always had a good scope but you should first find out the kind of placements your target University offers. Don't worry about prospects because no one knows and can predict what will be the situation after 2 years. It's actually no use worrying about future.

I'd recommend finding out the domain of your interest first and then checking whether Industrial engineers can enroll for that course.
    I think the same. Go ahead with confidence. I am sure you will land up in the best. 👍
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    The_Big_K

Thank you for the information..
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    AbraKaDabra
    I think the same. Go ahead with confidence. I am sure you will land up in the best. 👍
    Sure, i will do that.. Thank you..!
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# I heard that there are less chances of getting an internship or an on campus job if you go for the spring semester, the semester commencing in January.. Is that true..??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    dikshalakhe
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# I heard that there are less chances of getting an internship or an on campus job if you go for the spring semester, the semester commencing in January.. Is that true..??
    There can be no generalized answer to this. This would depend on a lot of factors like where are you located, what industries are you applying to and what the industries demand at any point of time. So the key is to try and find out. I don't see any other option.
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#: Suppose if I choose to go for MS in logistics from US.. Could you suggest me some good universities based on my gre score which is 302/340.. and 3.5/6..?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    dikshalakhe
    #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#: Suppose if I choose to go for MS in logistics from US.. Could you suggest me some good universities based on my gre score which is 302/340.. and 3.5/6..?
    Have you tried searching on Google? It should give you a good information about the Universities.
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    The_Big_K
    Have you tried searching on Google? It should give you a good information about the Universities.
    yeah, but the results were not as specific as you moderators list here..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am now a third year student at the higher institute for applied sciences and technology. I am looking forward to gaining some practical and theoretical knowledge by interacting with...
Giza 3D Gives Immersive Experience Of Giza Pyramids – The Endangered Heritage Transformer Comes To Life – Awesome Japanese Are Awesome! Tycho Brahe – The One Passenger Suborbital Capsule Will...
Google started taking 360 degree photos of businesses interiors in 2012, with of course the permission of owners to highlight the features that make their workplace/locations stand out. The business...
at a four road junction points traffic light should be controlled according to traffic rush?CC camera, counter allowed. How to resolve? If CC tv camera is used of course an...
can anyone provide detailed material on this topic.