Stylyx Seat-Integrated Design sets new Bicycle Design Standard at Taipei Cycle Show

(MMD Newswire) February 27, 2009 -- Whilst Lance Armstrong and his Tour de France cohorts are quite rightly focused on trimming the last second off their race time, the real challenge for most bicycle users is not to increase speed, but to complete even the shortest bike ride without feeling their central crotch and vital parts have suffered permanent injury.

Enter Stylyx, a new-age bicycle design company that has solved the age-old seat-soreness problem, as well as removing back and neck strain from cycling.

Stylyx Managing Director, Peter Clutton, says, "We took on the challenge of this century-old problem because it really didn't make sense that billions of dollars are being spent around the globe trying to get people to ride bikes more often, yet seat-soreness and back strain still put millions of people off cycling".

"We found it remarkable that bike makers have a standard practice of choosing a seat (or ‘saddle') as the last action in the bike design process, with a generic style of seat being selected and placed on the completed bike", Clutton states, "With the bike makers and their Dealers advising the end-customer, ‘You will need to try a few seats to see which is best for you' ".

"The final solution", he goes on, "involved developing new patented design technology for the bike frame and applying a ‘seat integrated' approach to each bike's design, where a specific seat shape is integrated with frame geometry and rider-positioning from the very outset of the design process".

The new Stylyx models all use ‘seats', not ‘saddles'. "The bike industry has been right in calling these painmeisters ‘saddles', because a saddle is something you straddle, whilst a ‘seat' is something you sit on", says Clutton, "but the human frame was not made to ‘straddle' anything slimmer than a horse saddle".

"Our latest breakthrough has been to develop a new Road-bike seat, allowing the road-bike riders to gain the same relief from unhealthy pressure and chafing as the recreational riders do from our Easy Riding model. The use of our Seat Integrated Design Technology (SIDT) is a great step forward for all bicycle design of the future and we are delighted to be leading this exciting development that we expect will influence millions of people to come back to biking".

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Re: Stylyx Seat-Integrated Design sets new Bicycle Design Standard at Taipei Cycle Sh

I went to their website to take a look, interesting!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Re: Stylyx Seat-Integrated Design sets new Bicycle Design Standard at Taipei Cycle Sh

Yeah, interesting seat.. but I don't want to be caught dead with that kind of bike design 😛 Seems to be aimed for couples.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I had a conversation with a fellow forum leader few days back. He offered to award my company a project to develop a Facebook extension/application for his forum. This application...
Hi CEans. can you tell me how to represent graphs in data structure?
I'm a electronic student and im working on a project which requires a material which could rapidly heat and cool to a preset temperatures( around 35C-39C) the time limit on...
hello all, What is the difference between Entrepreneur and CEO. i have a doubt on this.. my understanding is Entrepreneur is the one who comes up with new ideas and...
hi i am doing computer engginering.I am in 3rd semester. I want to knw what is the diffrence between c and c++. what are those features dat make any language...