Structural Design Review - Need expert opinion

Respected Members of the forum :

I request your expert opinion on the home we are building in India. It is G+4 building, to be built in Udaipur (Seismic Zone II).

I have two questions :

1. Can you please take a look at the attached floor plan and point out if there are any possible mistakes/aspects we may have overlooked in the current plan ?

2. Can you please take a look at the size and quantity of columns being called out in the structural drawings. I think the designer has called out more columns than that is required to withstand imposed loads. What is your opinion ?
Thanks for your help
Kapil, MSMechanical Engineer, CincinnatiOhio, USA

Attachments:
PDF
2. PDF
PDF
PDF
PDF

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung has quietly tiptoed in the music streaming service market with the launch of Milk Music app. Currently the app is available on Google Play and it works on Samsung...
Why name a drone equipped with a stun gun after a symbol of love? Well CUPID is the acronym for Chaotic Unmanned Personal Intercept Drone. This deadly drone comes courtesy...
Wipro has decided to install Wi-Fi modules on their staff buses so that the staff can spend the unprotecting commuting times in buses doing something productive. The idea is that...
Believe it or not but two folks claim to have created a “Miracle Machine” which would convert water to wine when added with ingredients. Kevin Boyer and Philip James have...
Most smartphones have a bad habit of running out of juice at the worst moments, so to avoid these incidents when people are far from a socket they tend to...