Strange behavior. May be Virus !!! :(

I am facing a strange behavior in my lapptop.

A few time when internet is connected, and I am trying to close IE window, multiple (around 40 + I observe) windows keeps on opening, till I close the internetnet connection or I kill the IE process. Except this I have never faced any problem with my system.

I do not know, Its a virus or some type of problem in the system. Though I have Mozilla FF and Chrome on my laptop, but I never faced this problem with other two browsers.

Any suggestions please.

Configuration of my system:
Laptop: HP dv5 pavillion
AV: AVG
Browsers: IE 7.0, Chrome, FF 3.0

-CrazyGirl

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    The following may have the answer to your problem

IE Internet Explorer opens multiple windows repeatedly

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    CF's problems looks like the same explained in the first link. Unfortunately they have just discussed the problem, not explained the solution.

Hard Luck.

-CB
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    You can try upgrading to IE8, although I don't recommend using IE at all. However, if for some reason you *have* to, try IE8..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Geez! Don't use IE please! Use Chrome! 😁

I don't think it's a virus problem. Just upgrade to IE8 and your problem should vanish. Don't know the source of the problem though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello CEans....... the other day i recieved a private message and was too busy to look at the sites given in there by a friend. Later on the same day,...
guys plzzzzzzz... temme how 2 apply 4 summer training in tata motors and maruti udyog.....m a 2nd yr btech(mechanical) student 4m igit, ip university,delhi........as i've seen dat it's only the...
This thread welcomes all information and questions about overclocking and raid that u all wanted to know
Hi friends Im using Windows XP 32 bit with Mcafee 2009 antivirus with latest DAT files and latest microsoft patches. For the past one week, im getting a pop up...
hello friends m newbie to this site and here's look at some of my information NAME: Paritosh ahuja ENGINEERING TRADE: Electronics And Communications LOCATION: Jalandhar,Punjab,India HOBBIES: playing cricket, reading physics...