CrazyEngineers
  • Hi friends, I am studying final year Automobile Engineering and I should do a project as a part of academic system. I searched for many things but destined here and my take is "Stop Start system for two wheelers". I had heard that two wheeler giants are working on it.
    1)IS this system already present in market?
    2)What type of sensors would it require to build a working model?
    3)Availability of parts?
    4)Cost of this project?

working; The sensor should sense the speed and switch off the engine when the engine attain predefined rpm and starts when it reaches required value.
    @#-Link-Snipped-# (It would be nice if you could post the approximate cost of speed sensors.)
    Need advice about the feasibility of this project.
    @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-#

Also pour ideas on keyless entry in two wheelers(In my idea, it involves usage of swiping card to access the ignition switch.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberJan 17, 2014

Sorry. I do not have that info. Please see if any of these are useful:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

What do you want to achieve by switching off the engine. One should reduce the acceleration to maintain speed I thought.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberJan 18, 2014

A.V.Ramani
    Sorry. I do not have that info. Please see if any of these are useful:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

What do you want to achieve by switching off the engine. One should reduce the acceleration to maintain speed I thought.
    Sir, thanks for info.
    There is a lot of waste of fuel especially during standing on traffic hours in signal where start stop can decrease fuel consumption .
    Cancel
  • zaveri

MemberJan 19, 2014

Your project topic is related to EMS (engine management system).

Space limitation is the only reason why such systems aren't available in the existing bikes.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register