CrazyEngineers
  • After playing a bit with both (Stock Android UI on Moto G) and TouchWiz on Note II; I've come to a conclusion that Samsung's TouchWiz scores over the stock Android anyday. Samsung's done a fantastic job customising the UI and putting options at your fingertips. I am looking for reasons to know why is Stock Android UI better over customised UI offered by leading phone makers like Samsung, Sony, HTC and others.

The only reason that strikes my mind that the custom UI might take more battery power to operate than stock one. I might be wrong though.

Educate me!
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Anoop Kumar

MemberMar 9, 2014

Actually you are this guy 😁
    #-Link-Snipped-#

14 - 1
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorMar 9, 2014

Yep - Android's stock UI isn't very intuitive.
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberMay 23, 2014

#-Link-Snipped-# The stock launcher which you see in Moto G is same as that we find in AOSP 4.3, nothing has been changed.

Moto G (Uses same old 4.3 launcher):
    Interface-02-210-100.jpg

Interface-03-210-100.jpg

Nexus 5 (Uses Google Now Launcher) :

Home_screen-210-100

App_drawer-210-100

I guess you can see the difference. You can install Google Now launcher in your Moto G device & see how awesome it is. Stock launchers are smoother (My experience) & less memory consuming than any launchers developed by Samsung or HTC.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register