Stepper Motor Driving

Hi.
I'm using a ULN2001 and a 74LS194 for driving a stepper motor.

The problem is that the stepper motor isn't stepping properly (or so it seems).
It rotates a bit, vibrates a bit backwards, jumps forward etc.
It is able to do a full rotation, but not that well.
As for the leads to the motor:
black, brown, yellow, orange.
Does anyone know which leads is for which? Its a Fuji stepper motor 4830A. Couldnt find the spec sheet

I looked at the waveform that the output of the shift register is producing, and it doesnt seem to be consistent. I dont see a visible pattern in its shifting. Could it be because of interference? I placed a 0.1microFarad capactor though, but it still doest look like its shifting right.

I'm using a function generator from a board to provide the clock and i'm trying to adjust the voltage such that its a square wave from 0 to 5, but it wont seem to go as high as 5. I have the following potentiometers: voltage, duty, frequency, offset and amplitude. I adjusted the voltage one but it wont go as high as I want it to. The specs of it say it can go up to 12V though. Could the clock cycle from 0.5 to 3ishV be the problem to the bad shifting?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans, Welcome to one an all. All CEans are innovative in one or the other way. We all are trying to reach beyond the sky , i am glad...
We all are aware of OPEN SOURCE OPERATION SYSTEMS, these OS are the ones which give us the freedom to meddle with the computer's hardware in our own way. We...
hi everybody; i need these e-books.please help me.thank you for your assistance. 1-Continuous Casting of Steel: Fundamental Principles and Practice author: Hans F. Schrewe 2-Continuous Casting of Steel author: W....
Hi. This is Anil. Can anybody suggest me a new topic for My M.E. Structural Eng. Dissertation and Seminar in Analysis and Design of Steel Structures. I will be thankful...
Hi, I am starting a project on nids. Can anyone please suggest me links to sites or books where I can find some help on the topic. Thanks.