Step down without transformer.

Hello everyone!
I want to know that how can we step down 230V a.c to required voltage. Cell phone or laptop chargers do not have any transformer inside them. how they can step down 230V ac.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    If there is not step down transformer in charger; then there maybe "Impedance circuit" in it to stepdown AC.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    CAUTION: There can be hazardous voltages on output terminals of transformerless supply circuits. Be very careful in using such.
    Transformerless Power Supply
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Er.Saumil
    Er.Saumil
    Thank you!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm Prantik Chakraborty, B-Tech (civil) student. I want to clear Gate for Higher Studies in a good institution. I am expecting a lot of support from you all....
IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE A ROBOT WHOSE SOURCE OF ENERGY IS JUST SOLAR RADIATIONS....??
Dear Friends hello first of all happy friendship day to all of you... as this thread is specially for Engineers who have Gap in there professional spam due to career...
hi..I have to model jamming in wireless network. Would be really appreciate if someone could give me MATLAB coding for simple jamming in Wireless network or guide me how to...
hey, i want pdf file of wireless electronic notice board using zigbee technology.