Steam Linux Beta Client is Live !

Atlast, Wait is over. The Steam's Linux version is out with two dozens of game supporting Linux. Alongwith it, Steam Linux's client testing starts from today. We were waiting too long for official steam client for Linux, weren't we ?

Valve has already received more than 60,000 requests of testing for beta version of Steam client testing.
Steam Linux at this moment operates on Ubuntu 12.04, almost 80% of applicant testers claim to run games in Ubuntu distro very smoothly. Once the Steam Linux reaches its final stage, all other Linux distros will also be supported in near future.

Around 25 games have been officially launched for Steam Linux, from which world's most famous Team Fortress 2 is topping the charts.

Valve is still in search of "skilled" testers for beta Steam Linux Client, so if you are willing to contribute to OpenSource community then head to survey page #-Link-Snipped-#

Screenshot from 2012-11-07 05:30:37

Steam download link : #-Link-Snipped-#

How to install (for newbies) :
-Go to terminal
-cd to place where you downloaded .deb file
-type sudo dpkg -i steam.deb

What you waiting for ? Boot ubuntu 12.04 😁

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update : Good news for all ubuntu users.Steam for Linux is "Open for all".Alongwith that,Valve has released some games with holiday discount in steam like Serious Sam 3,World of Goo,Killing Floor,Amnesia & Dungeons of Dredmoor.

Well,I agree the titles are extremely less than of OS X/Windows titles,but We're growing 😀

What's your take, CEans ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tata Docomo Launches Waterproof Fujitsu F-074 Mobile So you like to take calls from your bathroom? If the Tata Docomo signal reaches your bathroom well, you might just want to...
HEY! there title confusion between is two CPU. Are all the same kind?. thanks for you helps, I try to Google but am not saturated with answer. 😀
hi everyone, thus anyone who have an idea what is the thickness of solid slab which is not require a double reinforcement (top and bot).
Hello Friends, I am Jon Franklin, a new user to this forum, want to communicate with the other members of this forum so that I can learn good things from...
hello....i wanted to know what are the improvements that i can add to the current software....i wanted to do final year project...and thought this might work.....i have the basic foundation...