Steam extraction of a turbine in reheated cycle

I want to know how the turbine extraction steam is controlled in the reheat cycle?

Replies

• Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Are you sure you don't mean regeneration cycle?
  • Maneesh Vadlapatla
    Maneesh Vadlapatla
    ya
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    The reason I asked was, because steam isn't normally extracted between stages from turbines to reheat it. Reheating is done between different turbines, like between high and intermediate pressure turbines, or between intermediate and low pressure turbines.

When you do extract steam, you do it for regeneration purposes, meaning the steam is sent to a heat exchanger for heating up the feedwater before it goes to the boiler. Such heat exchangers are usually shell and tube types, with steam in the shell, meaning the temperature and flow rate of the water in the tubes decide the steam pressure in the shell, and consequently how much steam will be extracted.

Sources: I interned at a thermal power plant.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, Again I am asking a question for the those who knows cloud computing and have experience with this. My question is what kind of project can be completed on...
Airtel VDSL service has been launched in Hyderabad city and is currently offering 40 Mbps plans starting at Rs. 3200 (Ultrasonic 3299) and Rs. 3999 (Ultrasonic 3999). VDSL stands for...
I am planning to buy Google Nexus 4. It is not officially available in India. But i found it on few online sites. During my search on eBay.in , i...
I have create my own robo.. so plz give me suggestions..which Book refers about this.
How can I make Vim apply C++ syntax highlighting ?