Statement from Union Minister of Home Affairs.. shame.

Middle class is ready to pay for mineral water and ice cream but can't bear an increase of Re 1 in price of wheat and rice: Chidambaram

What type of statement is this?; Looks like Union Minister of Home Affairs don't know that a big bunch of people in India do not even get one time food, forget about ice Cream or mineral water... shame on him.

He should be resigned after this type of statement in Media, what do you think?

-CB

Replies

• aarthivg
    aarthivg
    crazyboy
    Middle class is ready to pay for mineral water and ice cream but can't bear an increase of Re 1 in price of wheat and rice: Chidambaram

What type of statement is this?; Looks like Union Minister of Home Affairs don't know that a big bunch of people in India do not even get one time food, forget about ice Cream or mineral water... shame on him.

He should be resigned after this type of statement in Media, what do you think?

-CB
    I doubt, Is he really a lawyer? Has been a finance minister? 😲
    There is no meaning in his comparison with rice and ice cream. He is not eligible to be a union minister. But, Its well known to all, He won't resign.
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    I think he is right......'Below poverty line' people get Wheat for RS. 2 per Kg. But the people who protest are those who eat ice creams.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    RISHABH LALA
    I think he is right......'Below poverty line' people get Wheat for RS. 2 per Kg. But the people who protest are those who eat ice creams.
    You don't expect the poor to protest. They fear easy oppression. One day they spend in 'protest' and they are left with nothing to eat.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    How Stupid he is. I'm really not feeling good to respect them, sorry. If they truly know about the middle class people, they shouldn't have done all these hikes and all from the past 3-4 years. Being in AC Bungalows, imagining their own about the middle class people is shameless on their part. They should come to the masses and should stay to know about them.
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    a meagre Rs 1 hike affects whom? be it petrol price hike or food rate hike or reduction in subsidies. Their is significant increase in the nation's fiscal deficit (4%);the government has to counter it for nation's survival. Petrol increase does not affect the common man directly as if one can afford Rs65 the he can surely afford Rs66.5 also.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    RISHABH LALA
    a meagre Rs 1 hike affects whom?
    Its not about just a Rs. 1 hike. Rice is something which ppl eat thrice a day and that adds a whole lot of pressure on poor classes. A normal middle class man eats a ice cream once in a week or 15 days. And remember inflation doesnt only effect rice, it effects all the daily use items. Looks like Mr. Chidambaram has no clue whatsoever how a lower middle class family manages their budget and I guess same is the case with you....😏 The other day sharad yadav said why dont you shout when the price of cars increases?? Well, coz not every person in India buys cars, but vegetables and foods are necessity and a little increment in the cost of these items effect a big class of ppl very badly.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In my opinion, Indian Government is totally clueless or is just figuring out ways to 'loot' people. Was reading about the initiative in central India about new farming techniques adopted from Israel. Israel gets lower rainfall than what the central India gets and yet, it exports more agro-stuff than the whole of India (not sure on this, but that's what the newspaper said).

Indian soil and weather is so conducive to farming that it can feed the whole nation free of cost, if done properly.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Exactly.....tons of wheat and rice rot in open every year in monsoon and yet nobody cares and then mafia takes advantage of the situation resulting in increase in the price of necessities. If we start counting flaws of this govt. there would be countless comments. Lets just hope that Indian public wont repeat the same mistake in 2014 elections...👍
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    RISHABH LALA
    a meagre Rs 1 hike affects whom? be it petrol price hike or food rate hike or reduction in subsidies. Their is significant increase in the nation's fiscal deficit (4%);the government has to counter it for nation's survival. Petrol increase does not affect the common man directly as if one can afford Rs65 the he can surely afford Rs66.5 also.
    Right, you can argue that 66 to 66.5 wont affect much. But what about 40 to 78 in 8 years. I guess Indian middle class has a right to panic at this situation.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    RISHABH LALA
    Is it really a rupee? It's not a matter of rupee.
    See in the last 2 years, petrol price rised from Rs. 47 to Rs. 73. The price of tur dal has increased 71.43 per cent over the last two years. Urad dal prices have shot up to Rs.72 a kg from Rs.38. Two years ago, masoor dal was available for Rs.47 a kg. Today, its price is Rs.57 per kg.
    Do they really increased only Rs.1?
    See the Food prices are rising more than 11% year on year. Keep poor aside. At least a common middle man can able to eat well and can able to buy at least some fruits for his family?

The_Big_K
    In my opinion, Indian Government is totally clueless or is just figuring out ways to 'loot' people. Was reading about the initiative in central India about new farming techniques adopted from Israel. Israel gets lower rainfall than what the central India gets and yet, it exports more agro-stuff than the whole of India (not sure on this, but that's what the newspaper said).

Indian soil and weather is so conducive to farming that it can feed the whole nation free of cost, if done properly.
    Very true. But don't know whether we will get at least few grains of rice to eat. Real estate people are changing most of the fields to plots 😡 Indians DON'T KNOW how to utilize our available resources.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Tons and tons of grains specially wheat wasted due to lack of storage, I wonder if costs of storage is more than wheat wasted.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    Tons and tons of grains specially wheat wasted due to lack of storage, I wonder if costs of storage is more than wheat wasted.
    Not a technology issue for sure. Building storage space does not require rocket science. It's just 'corruption' and 'administration' issue.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I heard that they make alcohol from wheat/paddy... I goggled it , but didn't find specific answer.
    If it's true then surely it's a conspiracy to let waste the wheat & then give it free, to produce alcohol.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    I heard that they make alcohol from wheat/paddy... I goggled it , but didn't find specific answer.
    If it's true then surely it's a conspiracy to let waste the wheat & then give it free, to produce alcohol.
    They do. Politicians made it 'legal' in Maharashtra.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello every one.. this is prasad from vijayawada persuing 3rd btech with specialization in computer science hoping gud response in ce thankyou,
Following are the article posted on VoiCE today, Tsukuba University’s 3D Virtual Building Block System Doesn’t Need Sensors Nifty MiniDrive For MacBook Increases Memory Without Hassle IndoorAtlas Makes Indoor GPS...
Now, we have several successful CE- India meets, Any one game for first international CE Meet? May be in US Southern / eastern belt? Or may be a online meet...
hello sir its so great to meet to you all again.i really wanna make my project something new related to any new topics on which you are working on or...
CEans, It's difficult for us to track user activity in conversations and it's common to see regular / active members receiving personal messages that are spammy in nature. I request...