State and Process of Air

How can we describe the state of the air in the atmosphere and what kind of process does this air undergo from a cool morning to a warm afternoon?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Atmospheric air is a mixture of Nitrogen, Oxygen Carbon dioxide and other minor constituents. State is of course gaseous. As the temperature goes up air gets warm and reduces density proportionately.
    This is elementary. Were you thinking of some other issues?
  • Khartz Di
    Khartz Di
    bioramani
    Atmospheric air is a mixture of Nitrogen, Oxygen Carbon dioxide and other minor constituents. State is of course gaseous. As the temperature goes up air gets warm and reduces density proportionately.
    This is elementary. Were you thinking of some other issues?
    thanks for your help...i also wish to know what process is exactly taking place(eg. quasi static equilibrium or......)???
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It is unlikely to be an equilibrium or near equilibrium state since the times involved are short, air and fuel are at different densities (with attendant diffusion issues), volumes are small and pressures high and the flame front undefined (especially with hot spots). This is one of the reasons for NOX, carbon monoxide and other toxic emissions.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This is a detailed review of the general chemical perspective of auto mobile fuels including combustion.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Im final year student.Plz suggest me new project topics
Hello guys, m an electronics engineering passout. I want to persue higher education and want to boost my resume. My resume is very weak and even my achademics are also...
Gagan Narang, India - won the Bronze medal in Men's individual 10mt Air rifle. Gold went to Romania and silver won by Italy. Folks, Congratulate Gagan Narang for awesome performance....
Hey, I have this project for my final year, i'm makin a segway kind of thing. Before moving onto protype i thought it would be nice if i implement the...
This statement came after the trouble at the men’s cycling event where the tweets and texts sent by the spectators at the venue caused overloading of data networks which made...