Startup Village In @ KIIDC, Kochi - Student Startups Invited!

The Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation aka KIIDC has taken an interesting initiative to promote entrepreneurship among students by setting up what's called a 'Startup Village'. It's India's first Public Private Partnership (PPP) telecom business incubator. The startup village aims to host about 1000 startups 😨 for a period of over 10 years and aims to find its billion dollar product company by end of year 2020.

The stakeholders in this new initiative are National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board, Department Of Science & Technology, TechnoPark and MobMe. 15k sqft space has been allotted to the startup village and aims to bring all the resources and infrastructure to the place.

Looking forward to more details about this development. Anyone from Kerala wants to add inputs?

I'm just wondering whether there are enough startups to make use of Startup Village?
​

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The 'Ghost' is an attack boat for coastal waters. Though very fast, it is said to have high maneuverability and deadly too. Powered by jet engines it can lift itself...
Trikke is a personal transporter. With three wheels balancing is easy unlike Segway. Cruising speed of 12 mph and 24 mile/charge range obviously limits its use to local personal transportation....
A new process for converting coal to liquid fuel seems to hold out a promise of doing well. https://cr4.globalspec.com/blogentry/18860/Cleaner-Cheaper-Liquid-Coal
I was going through the list of discussions started in this section and realized that most of the discussions have been initiated by me and most of them are lonely....
IIIT Hyderabad is developing a technology to convert voice commands into text messages. According to TOI report, the Ministry Of InfoTech is funding the research and project. The technology aims...