1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

"Start New Discussion" - Made Easy!

Question asked by Kaustubh Katdare in #Coffee Room on Mar 31, 2014
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare 路 Mar 31, 2014
Rank A1 - PRO
I hope you must have noticed this little addition to CrazyEngineers that makes the whole process of starting a new discussion or posting a new idea extremely easy. No matter which discussion you are reading, you can simply hit the button -> Select the destination forum -> and start your discussion.

If you wish to suggest any changes to the functionality; suggest it below! 😀

PS: Don't just like or read this post. Give us some feedback 😁 Posted in: #Coffee Room
Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare 路 Mar 31, 2014
Rank A1 - PRO
I feel that it will make the whole discussion starting process for newcomers easier to understand and for all us oldies a tad faster. No need to navigate across the pages.
Anoop Mathew
Anoop Mathew 路 Mar 31, 2014
Rank A3 - PRO
Kaustubh Katdare
I hope you must have noticed this little addition to CrazyEngineers that makes the whole process of starting a new discussion or posting a new idea extremely easy. No matter which discussion you are reading, you can simply hit the button -> Select the destination forum -> and start your discussion.

If you wish to suggest any changes to the functionality; suggest it below! 馃榾

PS: Don't just like or read this post. Give us some feedback 馃榿
Change the colour of the down arrow used. It's hardly visible.

[鈥婭MG]
Kaustubh Katdare
Rank A1 - PRO
@Anoop Mathew - Which browser are you using?
Anoop Mathew
Rank A3 - PRO
Kaustubh Katdare
Google Chrome.
Anoop Mathew
Rank A3 - PRO
Anoop Mathew
Google Chrome.
It's okay on Mozilla Firefox.
Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath 路 Mar 31, 2014
Rank A1 - PRO
It is great convenience.
Quite often while doing something else I come across something that I would like to start a new discussion on CE. The effort needed to navigate to a suitable topic makes me postpone. I make a reminder note on Dropbox and move on.
Often I lose the context when I get back to CE.

Much better now.
Nayan Goenka
Nayan Goenka 路 Mar 31, 2014
Rank B1 - LEADER
Good move but I doubt it will make much difference. Now instead of searching, people will directly create a new thread whenever they want. This will increase spam too in my opinion.
Harshad Italiya
Harshad Italiya 路 Mar 31, 2014
Rank A1 - PRO
I see one drawback some lazy guy is not going to take care to choose appropriate section by drop-down menu.

Suggestion: If you are on The Cafe section then first option should be The Cafe in drop-down list.
Kaustubh Katdare
Rank A1 - PRO
@Nayan Goenka - People haven't been searching for existing discussions before creating a new discussion. We however were contacted by several new members that they do want to know how to start new discussions on CE.

The mods can always merge new discussions with the existing discussions if needed.

@Harshad Italiya - That's a good suggestion. But it's double edged sword. We deliberately triggered the overlay to force the users to make the choice of destination forum. We can give this a try; I'll have a word with the developer.
charu kaushik
charu kaushik 路 Oct 22, 2014
Rank E2 - BEGINNER
Ankita Katdare
I feel that it will make the whole discussion starting process for newcomers easier to understand and for all us oldies a tad faster. No need to navigate across the pages.
hi
m nt able to see anywhere 'start discussion' button on the top right corner of the screen. plz help me out.
Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare 路 Oct 22, 2014
Rank A1 - PRO
@charu kaushik First of all choose the appropriate section for your post from -
https://www.crazyengineers.com/community/

Say you click on Computer Science & IT, this is where you will find the button to start a new discussion in that particular section -

Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 9.57.05 PM
allu raviteja
allu raviteja 路 Oct 23, 2014
Rank E1 - BEGINNER
Kaustubh Katdare
google crome
Jeffrey Arulraj
Jeffrey Arulraj 路 Oct 23, 2014
Rank A2 - PRO
allu raviteja
google crome
Welcome to CE mate and have fun exploring science with us.

And by the by feel free to pour out your questions and also help us with your valid inputs

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up