Staring Computer Industry Or Entering Manufacturing Setcor?

It is frustrating for me when I hear people starting their own companies that too with just a laptop. This being a personal opinion, what do you think is the best option? Share your experiences in your field if you are any startup owner ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• vinci
    vinci
    well thats pretty good if some one alone can handle clients and projects what else do one need other than determination and confidence
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    It is frustrating for me when I hear people starting their own companies that too with just a laptop. This being a personal opinion, what do you think is the best option? Share your experiences in your field if you are any startup owner ๐Ÿ˜€
    Oops! Almost skipped this wonderful thread!

Not exactly sure what's frustrating about starting a company with just a laptop. If you're a startup on the Internet; then you don't have to spend much. Outlook magazine had featured us as one of the startups that started with a very little capital. Not many know that CE started with a capital of Rs. 2500 ( ~$50) back in 2005; which I paid through my salary.

One must think BIG but start small. You don't start a computer industry right away. You may start a computer firm which you can grow to become an industry in itself.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    One must think BIG but start small. You don't start a computer industry right away. You may start a computer firm which you can grow to become an industry in itself.
    I guess not many people are interested in providing consultancy services, or are they? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vinci
    vinci
    exactly consultancy services are not long term company profile and often survive for long .But other than this opening a company that provides guidance ,motivation ,promote others ,and have better capability to deal with hurdles may work better
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    I guess not many people are interested in providing consultancy services, or are they? ๐Ÿ˜€
    I've never been a fan of consultants. Consultants should typically be those who are highly experienced in a domain and have thorough knowledge of the subject. But what I see is many fresh graduates are recruited as 'consultants'. Then those candidates think they're smart enough to offer consultancy independently.

...and needless to say, there victims are the ones who have money and don't know what to do with it ๐Ÿ˜

Scott Adams (Dilbert Creator) Quote:

Consult = Con + Insult ๐Ÿ˜
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    ...and needless to say, there victims are the ones who have money and don't know what to do with it ๐Ÿ˜

Scott Adams (Dilbert Creator) Quote:

Consult = Con + Insult ๐Ÿ˜
    ๐Ÿ˜. My father replied the same when I asked him about TATA consultancy services and what the people who call themselves *Consultants* actually do.

Basically he wanted to say keep quiet and concentrate on your studies!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    What frustrates you in this actually? It's really great to start with a single laptop(almost with no investment). The main thing is getting a grip in the market. If the owner could really make it up, no words to say. Once he get the clients, projects in good number and then he can think about improving their start up ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Nothing frustrates me actually. I am just jealous of computer/ IT people who have almost zero investment. They have nothing to bother about (finance) and can concentrate freely on their work.

The thread is actually meant for collecting ideas from fellow CEans so that I can start threads in this section ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    Consultants should typically be those who are highly experienced in a domain and have thorough knowledge of the subject. But what I see is many fresh graduates are recruited as 'consultants'. Then those candidates think they're smart enough to offer consultancy independently.
    If someone hires a fresh graduate in TCS, what sort of job profile can you expect? also I have heard that in big companies new people usually "sit on bench"?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    If someone hires a fresh graduate in TCS, what sort of job profile can you expect? also I have heard that in big companies new people usually "sit on bench"?
    There's no generic answer. While it's true that many fresh graduates aren't accepted on the projects right away and have to be 'on bench' for several weeks/months.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want some clarity between different types of constructors in c++, can anybody help me.... i want to see the code too...
i just read in one of my books that before first browser called Mosaic was developed, there were already around 50 websites running. so how those websites were browsed without...
Jaguar and Warwick University are redefining automobile design using virtual reality with powerwalls. https://www.theengineer.co.uk/video/powerwalls-engineering-in-virtual-reality/1011546.article
https://cr4.globalspec.com/blogentry/18922/The-First-Rule-of-Sumo-Fight-Club-is
Hi People.. I am UK based student studying BSc Business Information Systems, and in my Final year. I am looking for a interesting project, any Idea's?? I like some of...