Star - delta connection

Is it true, delta connection draws 1/3 of the current of star connection...If so explain me...

Thanks in advance.......

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Delta and Star Connections | Article about Delta and Star Connections by The Free Dictionary
    i think this may help you
    but by the principles we can get them try for it individually so that you can learn it
  • jaynoth1987
    jaynoth1987
    I have seen in books that Star connection delivers 1/3 of power compared to Delta connection.Thats why we use Star for start and Delta for running of motor.But i want to know whether delta connection draws 1/3 of the current of star connection.
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    this is because in star the line voltage is 1.732 times phase voltage. so if 400 volts is given phase voltage will be 231V. and line current is equal to phase current. power also depends on the equivalent resistance as converted from star to delta and delta to star. this is also because most of the motor windings are delta connected. hence the delta of starter is connected to the motor.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

QUANTA '11 ​ QUANTA, a prodigious national level technical symposium hosted by the Society Of Materials Science Engineers (SMSE), College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University, Chennai. EVENTS @ QUANTA QUANTA’11...
Hello everyone,i am designing a transmitter circuit having 100MHz as output signal.i require a pocket size antenna for it.i would like to know if it is possible to use a...
When we power on the 8085 microprocessor kit, all the memory locations contain garbage values. Is it the same case with registers (A, B, C, D, E, H, L)? Do...
The word Cryogenics is originated from greek words ‘kryos’ meaning ‘frost’ and ‘genics’ meaning ‘to produce’. Cold science suggests that branch of science carrying out processes at low temperatures. But...
which is your favorite computer programming language and why?