Stanford Experimental Robotics Class: Jedibot Does Sword Fighting

Stanford students have created robots that can battle with 'light sabers" against humans.

"We use the color image to isolate the sword from the background, because the opponent's sword is green and nothing else in the background is green," said graduate student Ken Oslund, who helped design what he calls the "JediBot," named in homage to the lightsaber-wielding characters from the Star Wars movies.

Check out the video:

[video=youtube;VuSCErmoYpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VuSCErmoYpY#at=53[/video]

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Stanford students have created robots that can do a variety of tasks including play golf and cook burgers as part of a hands-on course in experimental robotics. You shouldn't miss...
Laser sintering helps build a hot electric motorcycle | Machine Design
I just got random emails telling me that so and so person has added me in their circles. Does this mean I have no control on who adds me in...
Hai Friends, I've just talked to an ex-star and have posted my views here: The Friend's Lobby: Struggling Women: Story of an Actress Why do you think women are used...
I need help retrieving files in folders which turned into .exe on my external hardrive.