stack

hii all
can anyone explain when a stack is called up/down growing😕

Replies

• xero
    xero
    hey,

just think, how a stack of book grows 😀

the more books u keep one over the other, the stack grows !!

so the stack always grow up !!

now speaking of up/down stack, we use the terms up and down just to mention the memory location, like if we create a stack with mem location 0000H (hex) and we keep storing elements inside, this is called upward stack. and if we use some mem location 0FFFFH and then we decrement the location of storage towards 00000H that's downward stack.

Any way this is used very specifically when we talk performance issues on memory terms in different OS.

so, i guess i was able to explain what u were expecting

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was in Delhi, boarding a train to Amritsar, my first visit to the historical place. But much like other Indians that day, my mind was somewhere else, India vs...
Hello! I want to know if sound/audio engineers are around on this forum? I have not seen anyone 😉 So I'm assuming I'm the only one here .
Where can you get Pixel Shader 1.1 or better without buying a new graphics card? * Sorry, you must buy a new Graphics Card with Pixel Shader 1.1 (or better)...
What is the difference between hyper-threading multi-threading and super-threading in computer processors? As per my knowledge Hyperthreding technlogy is used in P4 CPU's. [ whenever U open multiapplication i.e. more...
How do I get a null pointer in my programs? ==>According to the language definition, a constant 0 in a pointer context is converted into a null pointer at compile...