SRKNEC gets autonomous status

I have received a mail from nagpur university. It says that SRKNEC gets autonomous status. Congratulations to every student of SRKNEC 😀

Ramdeobaba Kamla Nehru Engineering College (RKNEC) has become the third college from Nagpur University to get 'autonomous' college status, university sources said. The University Grants Commission ( UGC) has granted the status to RKNEC. In Nagpur University, Yashwantrao Chavan College of Engineering (YCCE) and GH Raisoni College of Engineering (GHRCE) are other colleges that had achieved this status earlier.

The first batch under this status would commence from the new academic session (2011-12) starting in June this year. With this, the college would not be out of traditional university system and would be free to design its own syllabus as per latest trends in the industry. The college will not only conduct its own admissions but also its own examinations and announce results on its own. RKNEC is already known as topmost private engineering college in the region with state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities. It also has one of the best faculties and its students consistently top NU examinations.

With its new status, RKNEC will have national advisory board with eminent members from institutions like IIT. The board will play a key role in framing the syllabus and also look at various other important aspects. The entire course will be divided into eight semesters. Even the first year will have two semesters unlike other engineering colleges in NU where first year is still based on yearly pattern. Instead of marks, the college would follow credit based system, sources added.
thanks

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends, This is Ishan Topre, your very own ishutopre 😀 I have actually participated in SAE baja car making competition. So I want to post my experiences in this...
CEans, I've been a BSNL 3G subscriber since last couple of months and enjoyed the Rs. 4200 Unlimited 6 month data usage. However, it seems that I've consumed all the...
I almost fell laughing when I saw this how-to video: [video=youtube;k7LnTr3TCuw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7LnTr3TCuw&feature=player_embedded[/video] The description says- Planting a little lawn in a coworker's keyboard is a nice way to welcome him back...
Hello people, I want to give a boost to this section by starting a section which would aim at giving our CEans at least an average idea of different businesses....
Hi All, I have completed my BE.Instrumentation last year, I am currently working as an IT professional, i need to switch back to a job of Instrumentation. I wanted to...