Spritz App Makes You A Fast Reader

Are you working on your reading speed? If yes, well you must try this app. Spritz is a latest app developed by Frank Waldman, Maik Maurer and Jamie Locke - that aims at changing the way people read and make communications faster, easier and effective. The company is a Boston based startup which focuses on text streaming technology and its integration into modern communication.

Founders of Spritz believe that the time is consumed for normal reading because of eye movements from word to word and from one sentence to another. Also the way we read consumes a lot of physical space. The Spritz solves both of these problems. The app makes user read only one word at a time and hence user need not to move eyes word-to-word. With Spritz, user doesn’t see the entire page or the sentence, but just 13 characters of the text. The fast streaming of the words make reading easier and comfortable. Reading becomes unpleasant when the screen size is smaller. Spritz also solves this problem as only a word is to be read inside the display-window called “redicle”. The display time of a word is decided by the use of proprietary algorithms.

spritz

According to Spritz, the other techniques to improve reading speed such as skimming (reading important words, rather than all words), avoiding sub-vocalization (talking to yourself while reading), reading entire page just by taking a mental snapshot etc takes time to develop reading. Whereas, with Spritz, skill can be developed merely in five minutes. However these methods still includes traditional reading requiring physical space. The app allows user to choose the speed of word streaming ranging from 250 words per minute to 600 words per minute and also to translate the text.

How do you like the features of the Spritz app? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am new to programming.. Joined NIIT (Diploma in .Net Technologies). i am facing some problem.. as i am a commerce graduate. i dont find it easy to learn. teaching...
American Multinational Information Technology Company, Hewlett-Packard (HP) has rolled out a new low-price Android tablet in their Android device lineup with HP 8 1401. This new product of HP, according...
Now for a space trip, you don't need to be in the Forbes' 'Richest People On Planet' list. Courtesy of University of Surrey and the Oculus Rift: The head mounted...
All of us have seen robots working in industries, assembling smartphones, handing intricate jobs, and in almost all the fields ranging from research to manufacturing and now finally into teaching...
Can crazyengineers be open source