Spring wound battery

I am developing the worlds first spring wound battery. The target would be for a
homes stove and hot water. Eventually I would like to adapt it to a micro electrical
grid for remote areas.
The ideas is to get humans to use their imaginations in any way they see fit to
recharge the battery by moving a ratchet type lever.
Once charged it could be
reused or sold on the open market or even donated. I see wind as the primary
way to cull the energy but any source of motion will do.
I see the discharge
being used in homes for electricity, on the farm as mechanical motion,
in the
community as donated power for use. and in industry to drive cottage industries
of any sort.
Off the grid is the goal. No centralized suppression and dominance
of resources and money.

The area that's holding me back is in the escapement
mechanism that converts the stored energy
to a rotating motion.
I need smart people to help me work out how to take a massive amount
of stored energy and release it in a controlled manner
to turn a shaft at a stead speed. Any ideas?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Don Ross
    I need smart people to help me work out how to take a massive amount
    of stored energy and release it in a controlled manner
    to turn a shaft at a stead speed. Any ideas?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    A.V.Ramani
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thank you for the link. Hopefully I can work the escapement design out and utilize that avenue to get it out there. Everyday I get closer and closer to achieving this goal. The impact on India and the world will be wonderful, exciting, and truly a blessing to all.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi fellow CEans, Not sure if this is posted yet, but just want to share something fun I came across: Any iPhone 6 owners here willing to try out this...
Its the start of the 2015 new year, and I can safely assume "losing weight/getting fit/etc" is on most people's resolutions. Paying homage to our old GYM Goers Association Thread,...
Interested applicants need to register and complete the online application process by following the below steps. STEP 1: REGISTRATION 1. Log on to https://nextstep.tcs.com 2. Click "Register Here" 3. Click...
Download the sets of Questions and Answers of GATE 2008-2014 for Instrumentation Engineering stream. https://www.royalcode.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5
Japanese automobile manufacturer, Honda has introduced the first ever predictive cruise control system which can detect the behaviour of the driver driving parallel to the car. There are cars in...