Splitting Sections & Better Organization

Regular CEans have noticed that we're introducing new sections and also considering splitting existing sections for better management of content. We need your feedback on the following -

1. Have separate section for each of the engineering discipline viz.
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Electronics Engineering
  • Communications Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Civil Engineering and so on...
2. Reorganize current sections to something more meaningful -
  • Electronics | Communications Engineering
  • Electrical | Power Plant Engineering
  • Mechanical | Automobile Engineering
  • Civil | Structural Engineering
  • Chemical | Metallurgy Engineering
etc.
Which approach do you think is better and less confusing to new members? Why?

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I think 2nd option would be good.
    1st option might confuse the newbies even more.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I give a +1 to this option ->
    • Electronics | Communications Engineering
    • Electrical | Power Plant Engineering
    • Mechanical | Automobile Engineering
    • Civil | Structural Engineering
    • Chemical | Metallurgy Engineering
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep, that's my personal choice as well. The first approach actually makes our list longer and the proposed setup makes it more intuitive to use. We just need more confirmations through, rapidly. 😀
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    2nd Option is good. 1st option looks long and newbies might confuse more.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    +1 for second option.....😀
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Second Option is better. Like if we separate sections it will increase confusion where to start thread. For example Electronics and Communication section so it's better we keep it combine.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We have split the sections. It however looks like Electrical & Electronics Section should be combined; as it was earlier. We do not have a separate section for the 'resources' sub-section. One simple oversight we made while planning the new reorganization.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

me a second year student in Galgotia college of engineering and technology...greater noida Already Had Training In robotics ....and have worked with vast set of microcontrollers such as AtMega8 ,16,...
MIHAN aka Multimodal International Cargo Hub & Airport Nagpur is one of the most ambitious construction projects in central India. In terms of investments, it's one of the biggest project...
can u please tell me how can i improve my g.k in software field?
Spurthi 12 is a Technical Symposium organized by SRKR Engineering College, Bhimavaram. It is a two day national level technical symposium prodigiously heralded by Computer Science and Engineering students to...
Xeuron 12 is a Bio Medical Techfest organized by Thodomal Shahani Engineering College, Mumbai. It is the first ever biomedical techfest conducted by any biomedical college in India. Its aim...