Spinpoint M8 - Samsung 1TB Hard Disk Drive For Notebooks

Samsung has launched high storage capacity HDD for notebooks. The new HHDs feature 1 TB data storage. The 9.5mm thick Spinpoint M8has two disks each featuring 500 GB storage. Samsung says that they achieved such a high storage capacity by using the advanced format technology (AFT).

The Advance Format Technology allows increasing data storage density per unit area of the disk and also enables faster interaction. The new HDD is said to consume lesser power than traditional drives.Spinpoint M8 supports 3Gbps SATA interface and comes with an 8MB of buffer, EcoSeek and NoiseGuard to keep the noise levels down and enhanced shock resistance.

The price of Spinpoint M8 is $129.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Everybody, I am Smaik an Electronics and Communication Engineer. I come to know about Crazyengineers from my friend Harshad. I used to ask him What is Crazyengineers when i...
Does anyone have any good ideas for an IE project?
Ford EcoBoost Engine: Three Cylinder 1.0 Liter Capacity - CrazyEngineers New Features In iOS 5 - CrazyEngineers Insta7 Free Mobile Application Suite Runs On Any Phone With GPRS - CrazyEngineers...
It's official. After the release of B.E. 6th Semester results, now it's turn of B.E. 4th Sem results. They will be out in the wee hours of night i.e. at...
The X PRIZE Foundation and Qualcomm Join Forces to Develop a Competition to Enhance Integrated Digital Health