Sphere tank calculations

hi my friends,
i dont know how calculate the height of fluid within a spherical tank. liquid is a compressible fluid (vinil choloride monomer) and we have top and below pressure of tank. density of vcm: 906 kg/m3 and heigh of tank is 21.5 meter and max allowable 17.5 meter can filled
(@ max 6.5 kg f/cm2) .
also temprature is ambient(25 to 30 centigrad)
who can help me?👎

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    H = DelP/(Rho x g) where H is the head, DelP is the pressure difference between bottom and top, Rho the density and g the acceleration due to gravity at the place. All in consistent units.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Vinyl Chloride Manomer Is a low boiling liquid. The liquid is incompressible.
    Quote:
    Storage
    Vinyl chloride is stored as a liquid. Often, the storage containers for the product VCM are high capacity spheres. The spheres have an inside sphere and an outside sphere. Several inches of empty space separate the inside sphere from the outside sphere. This void area between the spheres is purged with an inert gas such as nitrogen. As the nitrogen purge gas exits the void space it passes through an analyzer that is designed to detect if any vinyl chloride is leaking from the internal sphere. If vinyl chloride starts to leak from the internal sphere or if a fire is detected on the outside of the sphere then the contents of the sphere are automatically dumped into an emergency underground storage container.
    Endquote Vinyl Chloride

What was given above is true for tanks of any shape. However, quite often one is interested in the volume of liquid in a partially filled spherical tank. This is a bit more involved.

This calculator is an easy way out:
    Partially Filled Sphere Calculator
  • emad
    emad
    thanks
    emad.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A mechanical and Automation engineer pursuing Final year of B.Tech from G.G.S.I.P.University. Looking for an opportunity where I can get immense learning platforms and enhance my capabilities and practical knowledge.
HI FRNDS IAM NEW FOR THIS SITE BUT IAM NOT NEW FOR ENGINEERING ... MY NAME IS NITESH CHOWDARY , IAM FINAL YEAR STUDENT OF MECH. AND IAM HAPPY TO...
Hello CEans! The CE Bengaluru meet 2012 is being planned to be held during July. We are setting a flexible date between 15th and 25th. More details will be updated...
whatever i do it becomes my passion..!!
guys i have been given a project...out of these four i have to make one.. oscilator,amplifier, function generator,electrical clock.!! which one should i make and how??