Speed of light

HI, can anyone please tell me that as we all know that the light is moving with speed of 3E8 m/sec. which is coming from sun. but did the light coming from our tube-lights or bulb also moving with speed of light???

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Yes the 'light' coming from tubelights or bulbs or any other sources travel at the speed of light. Its not just light, but all electromagnetic radiations travel at that speed. Radio waves, X-Rays, visible light all travel at the same speed.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Irrespective of the source Em waves travel in the same speed
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Anku2993
    but did the light coming from our tube-lights or bulb also moving with speed of light???
    Even gravity moves with speed of light.
    Does Gravity Travel at the Speed of Light?
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    bioramani
    Even gravity moves with speed of light.
    Does Gravity Travel at the Speed of Light?
    sorry dear, i am not agree with u and also not with this link. as it was proved by Einstein that speed of light is ultimate barrier and no one can able to reach at this speed not even gravity. Only on the basis of his that invention even he can able to prove newton wrong. so sorry.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I am sorry for you.
    This arises as a consequence of Einstein's theory of Relativity.
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    bioramani
    I am sorry for you.
    This arises as a consequence of Einstein's theory of Relativity.
    but dear i am also telling this thing on the basis Eientein's general relativity theory that it is wrong. because only on the basis of this theory Einstein able to prove Newton wrong(all know this)....
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    That is a big relief.
    I bow down to your deeper perception and bow out of this discussion.
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    bioramani
    That is a big relief.
    I bow down to your deeper perception and bow out of this discussion.
    oh dear why to become angry?? i am simply speaking the truth which was found by Einstein. nothing else... so please..
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Anku2993
    oh dear why to become angry?? i am simply speaking the truth which was found by Einstein. nothing else... so please..
    Dear it is better u first check ur sources as #-Link-Snipped-# sir is right that gravity travels with speed of light and it is given in Einstein's Theory of General Relativity.
    The speed of gravitational waves in the general theory of relativity is equal to the speed of light in vacuum, C.
    If u beg to differ, it is better that u could give either references or concrete proof for ur statements as I give the references which will clear ur doubt:
    Speed Of Gravity
    General Theory Of Relativity Gravitational Waves
    It's just that we all are here to learn so it is better to share the resources so that we all could pursuit the truth and enlighten ourselves.😀
    regards!!
    Rahul69
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    rahul69
    Dear it is better u first check ur sources as #-Link-Snipped-# sir is right that gravity travels with speed of light and it is given in Einstein's Theory of General Relativity.
    ok dear.. nice links, now one question for u and bioramani. according to these links gravity can able to move with speed of light,right. Now can u both tell me that what will happen if sun suddenly disappears...

according to these links, as gravity travels with speed of light.. so planets(lets concentrate on earth) which are revolving around the sun will immediately stop revolving and go straight(according to inertia of direction)... right....leave it

now according to ur knowledge can u both please tell me that what will happen to the motion of planet????
    please reply(both bioramani and rahul 69)
    waiting
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    U r getting confused with term gravity as gravitational waves with gravity as gravitational force. If u checked the links I gave it clearly terms gravity being used as gravitational waves.
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    rahul69
    U r getting confused with term gravity as gravitational waves with gravity as gravitational force. If u checked the links I gave it clearly terms gravity being used as gravitational waves.
    no problem dear, take it as gravitational waves or force because if there are gravitational waves only then there is force..... so dear tell me the answer that what will happen to the revolution of earth according to my given situation????
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Anku2993
    ok dear.. nice links, now one question for u and bioramani. according to these links gravity can able to move with speed of light,right. Now can u both tell me that what will happen if sun suddenly disappears...

according to these links, as gravity travels with speed of light.. so planets which are revolving around the sun will immediately stop revolving and go straight(according to inertia of direction)... right....leave it

now according to ur knowledge can u both please tell me that what will happen to the motion of planet????
    please reply(both bioramani and rahul 69)
    waiting
    U didn't provide any links/references to support ur statement. and u said earlier with respect to Einsteins theory of Relativity whereas the theory itself contradicts ur statement and now u ask questions not fully explaining and with"......" (blanks). If u r so sure please explain the following phenomenon that how it can be explained considering ur statement that gravitational waves does not travel with speed of light:
    • Shift in frequency of light due to Gravity( ie gravitational redshift ).
    • If light is faster than gravitational waves, why can't it escape the black holes.
    waiting for ur reply !!
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    rahul69
    • If light is faster than gravitational waves, why can't it escape the black holes.
    waiting for ur reply !!
    ok dear if u don't want to answer my question then ok but stop blaming question that it is not perfect...
    and now ur question that "If light is faster than gravitational waves, why can't it escape the black holes."
    first of all u are relating gravity with gravitational waves...
    here is it solution----- Light can't escape from a black hole simply because the gravity of a black hole is too powerful, it creates a gravitational well so steep not even light has enough speed to escape it. and also gravity gravity comes into existence only because of density of any object .
    now as when stars collapse its all the mass becomes contracted to a small space so it has a lot of density and hence a lot of gravity ... so we have a need of speed more than light speed to escape from it
    and if u want refrence for my previous reply then firstly reply my question..
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Anku2993
    here is it solution----- Light can't escape from a black hole simply because the gravity of a black hole is too powerful, it creates a gravitational well so steep not even light has enough speed to escape it.
    Dear could u tell me how gravitational waves stops light if these are slower than light. u said "speed of light is ultimate barrier and no one can able to reach at this speed not even gravity" then how gravitational waves interacted light waves to stop it. And u didn't answered about gravitational redshift!!
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    rahul69
    Dear could u tell me how gravitational waves stops light if these are slower than light. u said "speed of light is ultimate barrier and no one can able to reach at this speed not even gravity" then how gravitational waves interacted light waves to stop it. And u didn't answered about gravitational redshift!!
    dear actually the gravity arises only because of curvature of space-time due to the mass of object.curvature of space time is shown in image.
    [​IMG]
    now as i tell it that the black hole is created because all the mass of a star contracted in a single space so automatically density will increase and hence large curvature in space-time so large gravity but not the speed of gravity or gravitational wave.. that's why at so much curvature even light can't escape..

and about redshift, it also happens because of gravity not with its speed...

if u satisfied then please answer my question because it is related with speed of gravity
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Anku2993
    oh dear why to become angry??
    There is no question of anger. When there is nothing to discuss, it is best to keep quiet, which is why I backed off.
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    bioramani
    There is no question of anger. When there is nothing to discuss, it is best to keep quiet, which is why I backed off.
    as ur wish. but dear can u please answer my question asked from rahul 69 related with revolution of earth????
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I think, if you are discussing on Gravity, you will want to read a book by Jayant Naralikar. "The lighter side of Gravity".
    The Lighter Side of Gravity - Jayant Vishnu Narlikar, Narlikar Jayant Vishnu - Google Books
  • Chinu1
    Chinu1
    #-Link-Snipped-# I agree with you... Thank you so much...👍
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Chinu1
    #-Link-Snipped-# I agree with you... Thank you so much...👍
    #-Link-Snipped-# thanks for supporting😒 , but u see this topic is about something on which further research is required, the only material we possess are mere theories, even things like string theory etc have no conclusive evidence and the theory of Unification is still to be extended for all forces with a concrete result. But unless such leaps of science are not made, there is no end to this discussion. So lets hope with this happy new year!😀 new discoveries are made which throw some light on these shadowy
    topics😁.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, all An SMPS(switched mode power supply) is connected to input mains, of frequency 50HZ. My question is, What happens if it is connected to mains of frequency 60hz, i...
hello! Help me on this two computer interface, command line interface and graphical user interface. Reset i use graphical but i like also to be master on the command line...
While designing SMPS(Switched mode power supply) how to choose a particular isolation voltage for a step down transformer i.e how will you decide it. as for ex: 1KV,5KV etc How...
Hey guys!! i wanted to ask something about c-dac , please guide me with your views.I got cdac result today .It is like this: a+b=59 dac=56 wimc=25 and ditiss(or whatever...
hello. i chose sound localization for my FYP. i am doing computer engineering. i am looking for a sound card that takes multiple inputs and processes them in parallel. please...