Speech enabled mobile GPS navigator : what language is better

hi,
This is Rajanmr from Chennai., India. i am doing my final year MCA in distance education in Anna University.

My final year project is : Speech enabled GPS navigtor for mobile phones

Details

Requirements

1. Mobile phone with a built in GPS receiver
2. Platform : Symbian S60

Working principle: You just need to say the destination in your bluetooth headset.

My project will guide you through the roads using maps but via voice . Eg: Turn right, make a u-tern, etc and take the user to the destination/

I am yet to start the project. I need your help in deciding the programming language.

I have selected the symbian as the OS .

the options for symbian are c++, java and qt.

I am not sure which one to go for. I am more comfortable with c++ than java. But i haven't programmed for mobiles before, so i am not sure whether to go for java or c++.

please help me in this regard.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys, I started this thread where in we can include interesting and reusable functions in this thread. There are few people working on QTP in our forum , however interesting...
Yahoo Inc & OneRiot are rumored to have joined hands to launch real time search. This rumor started making rounds just after Microsoft's Bing & Google search engine announced deal...
I recently stumbled upon this website by IIT D student. The site is PhokatCopy - Photocopy, Phokat Mein! It offers students photocopying services at no cost, subsidized by revenues gained...
Not sure if this is official website: The site lists Dr. Kalam's vision 2020 for India: Agriculture and food processing -- with a target of doubling the present production of...
CEans, CE is a great place to get answers to most of the questions engineering students face. Till now, we haven't been involved in any kind of active advertisements, marketing...