Special Considerations for Mounting and Handling Pressure Sensors

During our development of a table top sterilizer, I wanted to use a MEMS pressure sensor. This sensor was key to the satisfactory functioning of the whole device. The entire software revolved around the signals from this sensor. Our major problem in the whole development was in designing proper mounting of the sensor to handle adverse steam environment, varying external temperatures and ambient pressures inside the cabinet.

This white paper from All Sensors Corporation gives the basics of handling MEMS sensors:
#-Link-Snipped-#
A pdf version is available from the site.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    #-Link-Snipped-# Sir,
    I want to know whether these type of sensors are affordable to a student who plans to use in his project.Please give a small note on prices and commonly used sensors>>>>>>>>
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    That is a white paper mate and I am not sure whether this product has come out in the market ready for sale and shipment

I am sure one or two pressure sensors are available But not many use MEMS
    PS: MEMS tech is costlier when compared to other tech
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    CSK AUTO
    #-Link-Snipped-# Sir,
    I want to know whether these type of sensors are affordable to a student who plans to use in his project.Please give a small note on prices and commonly used sensors>>>>>>>>
    MEMS sensors are available from Freescale Semiconductors in Bangalore. It is owned by MOTOROLA. Their India centre is in Bangalore. I use these regularly.
    Contact person is: Mr. Sampath Raghavan

They may give you a free sample for testing.

freescale semiconductor
    Campus 1C, RMZ Eco Space Sarjapur outer ring road, Bangalore 560037
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    A.V.Ramani
    MEMS sensors are available from Freescale Semiconductors in Bangalore. It is owned by MOTOROLA. Their India centre is in Bangalore. I use these regularly.
    Contact person is: Mr. Sampath Raghavan

They may give you a free sample for testing.

freescale semiconductor
    Campus 1C, RMZ Eco Space Sarjapur outer ring road, Bangalore 560037
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    May i know the price please(if possible).
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The price is highly dependent on volumes. We paid USD 4/each for our quantities. I think it is double for small numbers.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This robot is purely an engineering marvel By just rotating at a speed of 500 Rpm the task it promises to accomplish is simply outstanding. This robot can clean gutters...
AS I had posted in Audi A8 feed this is the near future lighting system from the AutoGiant Audi coming up with the new Matrix LED lighting system.It is a...
Conky is known for making the desktop looks beautiful. Check mine : ​ ​However, for amateur users it was bit complex to add scripts in /home directory & adding conky...
Hey guys, I m feeling good to inform here that I m trying to make a windows form application which will be a dedicated application to surf on CrazyEngineers.com. This...
Just read the news that a girl committed suicide after her seniors in college ragged her for over a year. In her suicide note, the girl mentioned that she couldn't...