Speaking range

upto what frequency range humans can speak. i m NOT talking about hearing range(20hz to 20khz) i m talking about SPEAKING RANGE.

Replies

• Differential
    Differential
    Well I think men and women must have different speaking range, men having limited one and women having the entire possible range of sound. (humour) 😀
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Here are the estimated ranges 😀

Male: 50 Hz - 200 Hz
    Female: 150 Hz -300 Hz
    Children: 200 Hz- 400 Hz
  • Paritosh222
    Paritosh222
    okiesssssssss
  • tony55555
    tony55555
    Generally speaking:

Male: 50 Hz - 200 Hz
    Female: 150 Hz -300 Hz
    Children: 200 Hz- 400 Hz

However, there is more to it than this. For example, I have good hearing at those frequencies in both ears, but have to wear a hearing aid in one ear to be able to understand speech, because I have large hearing losses in that ear starting at 2000 Hz through 8000 Hz.

Here is an explanation from another web site:

16 to 32 Hz - The human threshold of feeling, and the lowest pedal notes of a pipe organ.

32 to 512 Hz - Rhythm frequencies, where the lower and upper bass notes lie.

512 to 2,048 Hz - Defines human speech intelligibility, gives a horn-like or tinny quality to sound.

2,048 to 8,192 Hz - Gives presence to speech, where labial and fricative sounds lie.

8,192 to 16,384 Hz - Brilliance, the sounds of bells and the ringing of cymbals. In speech, the sound of the letter "S" (8000-11000 Hz)

And:

32.70 Hz - Lowest C on a standard 88-key piano.

261.63 - Middle C on a standard 88-key piano.

4,186 - Highest note on a standard 88-key piano.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'd like to do a paper presentation. i'm in my 2nd year.i need some ideas about how to present a paper. can any one plz help me to present a...
I just received following email in my inbox. I'm sharing it with you to get your comments - From your site i got a good seminar topic "Visible Light Communications"...
"MS in US" OR "MBA in INDIA" Hey guys~~ I'm really in dilemma abt my career.~~ In this period of recession, which is more lucrative to do.. : MS (US)...
Hi, could u please explain me how to interface gps and gsm together with microcontroller(8051)
i am final year mechanical engg student. i m searching for project