Sparrow Mail App Acquired By Google

Google has acquired the Sparrow mail app. The sparrow mail app is a popular app available on both OSX and iOS. Here's an email from the CEO -

Hello,

We're excited to let you know that Sparrow has been acquired by Google! You can view our public announcement #-Link-Snipped-#, but I wanted to reach out directly to make sure you were aware of the news.

We will continue to make available our existing products, and we will provide support and critical updates to our users. However, as we’ll be busy with new projects at Google, we do not plan to release new features for the Sparrow apps.

It’s been an honor and a pleasure to build products for all of our wonderful users who have supported us over the years. We can't thank you enough.
We look forward to working on some new and exciting projects at Google!

Dom Leca
CEO, Sparrow
I've been using Sparrow mail app for a long time now and really impressed by the wizardry done by the engineering team behind Sparrow. It'd be interesting to find out how Google's Gmail team utilizes the talent at Sparrow. It'd not be very surprising if Google launches a desktop client for Android and Windows clients as well. The details of the acquisition aren't available as of now.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I found this software while surfing down the latest tech developments. The raptor tool is a Flow chart interpreter, which allows the students to visualize or in other words, compile...
Hi friends, My self my name is Vikas Pawar and I am pursuing Msc IT first sem from LDRP Institute of Technology & Research - Gandhinagar, Here i am for...
First of all, I don't want to call this video as an 'Inspirational Video' that will give you the 'kick' and turn you into an entrepreneur. This video is not...
hello everyone , Iam priyanka presently pursuing my B.Tech IIIrd yr. ECE from rajasthan . I hold interests in reading books , music, net surfing and many more. I am...
Hi Guys, I am a btech cse student. I am working in a small company as a QA Engineer. I would like to prepare for some good jobs. What are...