Sort edit VCF contact list on PC

I did backup of contacts in vcf file from my old HTC phone. But it was totally messed up as there are lots of contacts in phone memory from them some of having actual Name and Numbers and some having only emails. Now I want to sort those contacts out and I want to merge all possible contacts and that is impossible to do on android. So I was looking for some alternative option if I can load that .vcf file in some app on PC and manually sort/merge contacts.

Is there anybody who faced similar issue and have any solution/suggestion?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Since you have Moto G, there's an app called Motorola Migrate. Use it 😀
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Abhishek Rawal
    Since you have Moto G, there's an app called Motorola Migrate. Use it 😀
    But is that app allow me to merge contacts manually from that .vcf file? I wan manual merge and sort not automatic as there is lot of junk contacts.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# if you guys have any idea on similar thing.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, I think there is a way to do this. First clean up your phone (remove all the contacts) and then import all your contacts directly into your phone. Then install: SA Contacts Lite - Apps on Google Play . This app will allow you to export your contacts to Excel. It should be easy for you to manipulate contact list and then the app allows you to import the contacts back to your phone. Should do the job.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Try this to import your vcf to excel, see if these works for you.
    vcard2xls download | SourceForge.net
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Thank you guys I'll try both option and updates you.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Update, to merge all vcf into one vcf file run this command
    copy /B *vcf merged_contact.vcf
    and import merged_contact.vcf to your smartPhone/Gmail😀.
    I just verified this method to transfer Nokia java phone contacts to android Moto-E.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Anoop Kumar
    Update, to merge all vcf into one vcf file run this command
    copy /B *vcf merged_contact.vcf
    and import merged_contact.vcf to your smartPhone/Gmail😀.
    I just verified this method to transfer Nokia java phone contacts to android Moto-E.
    Yes, But there is some different case with me in my contact list there are lot of emails as a contact as I synced gmail by mistake now I can not sort them out easily. But yes, this is nice tip if we are migrating from some non-android phone to android. 😀
  • rahul dhaked
    rahul dhaked
    i suggest you very good idea
    1. firstly back up your contact with superbackup app by your mobile
    2.then sign in your gmail account and open top right side option "contact"
    and import your file up to 20mb and then merge with same contact with google contact then you find your original contact then export your file in the same format vcf and again import in your phone thanks

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Too tired of trying the different compilers for c programs. I have windows 7 64 bit installed and want a compiler for c programs. I installed turbo c++ but it...
H!! all CEians. Myself Mohammed Sabir.I am in final year of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.Expecting Great time with all CEians's.Happy Sunday to all CEians.
anybody have cracked this exm ? plz help us..............😔
can any one help me related to this topic
hello frnds.. I'm thinking to take this topic as my final year project (inn java technology)where info related to aanganwadi will be stored like how many children come, gender, age...