CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Harshad Italiya • 20 Jul, 2014
I did backup of contacts in vcf file from my old HTC phone. But it was totally messed up as there are lots of contacts in phone memory from them some of having actual Name and Numbers and some having only emails. Now I want to sort those contacts out and I want to merge all possible contacts and that is impossible to do on android. So I was looking for some alternative option if I can load that .vcf file in some app on PC and manually sort/merge contacts.

Is there anybody who faced similar issue and have any solution/suggestion?
@Abhishek Rawal • 20 Jul, 2014 Since you have Moto G, there's an app called Motorola Migrate. Use it 😀
@Harshad Italiya • 20 Jul, 2014
Abhishek Rawal
Since you have Moto G, there's an app called Motorola Migrate. Use it 😀
But is that app allow me to merge contacts manually from that .vcf file? I wan manual merge and sort not automatic as there is lot of junk contacts.
@Harshad Italiya • 20 Jul, 2014 Tagging @Anoop Kumar @Kaustubh Katdare if you guys have any idea on similar thing.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 20 Jul, 2014 • 1 like Okay, I think there is a way to do this. First clean up your phone (remove all the contacts) and then import all your contacts directly into your phone. Then install: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samapp.excelcontacts.excelcontactslite . This app will allow you to export your contacts to Excel. It should be easy for you to manipulate contact list and then the app allows you to import the contacts back to your phone. Should do the job.
@Anoop Kumar • 21 Jul, 2014 • 2 likes Try this to import your vcf to excel, see if these works for you.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/vcf-to-xls/
https://www.ehow.com/how_10059748_import-vcard-excel.html#ixzz2BWs5lIgZ
@Harshad Italiya • 21 Jul, 2014 Thank you guys I'll try both option and updates you.
@Anoop Kumar • 31 Jul, 2014 Update, to merge all vcf into one vcf file run this command
copy /B *vcf merged_contact.vcf
and import merged_contact.vcf to your smartPhone/Gmail😀.
I just verified this method to transfer Nokia java phone contacts to android Moto-E.
@Harshad Italiya • 31 Jul, 2014
Anoop Kumar
Update, to merge all vcf into one vcf file run this command
copy /B *vcf merged_contact.vcf
and import merged_contact.vcf to your smartPhone/Gmail😀.
I just verified this method to transfer Nokia java phone contacts to android Moto-E.
Yes, But there is some different case with me in my contact list there are lot of emails as a contact as I synced gmail by mistake now I can not sort them out easily. But yes, this is nice tip if we are migrating from some non-android phone to android. 😀
@rahul dhaked • 18 Jan, 2016 i suggest you very good idea
1. firstly back up your contact with superbackup app by your mobile
2.then sign in your gmail account and open top right side option "contact"
and import your file up to 20mb and then merge with same contact with google contact then you find your original contact then export your file in the same format vcf and again import in your phone thanks
6.4k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Apr 12, 2016

All the contestants selected for Round II of the 'Hunt for India's Best Academic Project' Contest have to create a video presentation and upload it on YouTube. NOTE: You may...
3k views

@Satya Swaroop Dash · Jan 25, 2015

When you travel abroad the biggest worry that bogs you down is internet connectivity. Sure, your mobile operator has partners around the world to keep your data connection alive but...
3.9k views

@krishbcs · Dec 13, 2011

i have following error while open ms office application. help me please.... There is no not enough memory or disk space to run word.
7.5k views

@Arp · Jan 12, 2011

Can Anyone please suggest me some good topics for making a major project in Electrical Engg.. please reply friends,, Any help is appreciated...
7.9k views

@Ankita Katdare · Aug 9, 2011

DRDO or "Defense Research and Development Organization" is an apex institution of central government which co-ordinates the activities of many research laboratories spread across the country. These laboratories are doing...
75.6k views