Sony PlayStation Severe Security Breach - Network Down Till Next Week

It's been in news for some time that Sony PlayStation Network and Qriocity service security has been breached by hackers and there has been a theft of huge amount of data. Followed by this news, millions of PlayStation users were asked to change their online passwords since the online banking and shopping accounts are at risk.

This intrusion was detected on 19th April and immediately all the services were shut down. The company hasn't intimidated about the exact nature of the attack and the defects but it has revealed that files regarding user personal details like email addresses, birth dates and passwords were stolen. #-Link-Snipped-#

Sony is  working on a complete investigation of this matter and trying to find those responsible for this major cyber crime. Sony has been quick on its part in alerting the media and posting information about it on their official blog. Moreover, they  have also been sending emails directly to all 77 million registered accounts.

Now, what measures can you take to protect your personal data?

Sony has pointed that they won't contact you in any way so it has warned all it's customers to be aware of email/telephone/postal mail scams that may ask for personal information. They have also mentioned that as and when the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, you should log on and change your password.

Finally, James Gallagher – Blog Manager, SCEE has mentioned that Sony experts are working hard to restore operations as soon as possible and they expect everything to be back to normal by next week.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• ankee
    ankee
    Mam iam Extc final year student .my area of intrest is networking.i want to do my final year project on the bases of this please halp me.sum real time application .
    Many devices connect with network.
    Please reply mam......

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The EU (European Union) has decided to start with its plan to build a number of huge, high power lasers in the eastern part of the continent. One of the...
The Skull Sonic Boom Alarm does the job perfectly. If you are indifferent to the idea of sleeping with a Skull next to your bed, you might as well like...
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) appointed a security expert to safeguard the web. For those of you who do not know about ICANN, it is the agency...
Recently “Endeavour” is in news for its delay. With everyone keeping their fingers crossed, no one wants to take any chance which would hamper its successful launch.  That is why...
Beijing, China, April 24, 2011- Tsinghua University, one of China's foremost higher learning institutions, hold the Centenary Celebration Ceremony at the Great Hall of People on April 24, attended by...