Songs.PK hacked in response to Mumbai terror attack on July 13?

Techie-Buzz.com reports that songs.pk - a popular free pirated music download site hosted by Pakistan was hacked by "Indian Cyber Army" - a group of hackers that was behind the hacking of about 35 Pakistani official websites. Songs.pk offers free download of latest Bollywood songs and gets 80% of its traffic from India. After gaining access to the root of the server, the hackers group posted following message on the homepage of the site:-

Pray for all the innocent victims of Mumbai attack .This is a small answer from All Indians. Remember we are together, you can just kill innocent people, women and children..But there is no future for you, we are coming with huge speed. Corruption will be under control, every Indian will have money and power.Then there will be no one to save you, you are a dirty stamp on pure Islam. Try to understand and respect it, just remember we are coming.Bye.Exit

Songs.pk has a non-conventional business model. The site shows several pop-up and pop-under advertisements to every visitor and makes money through impressions and registrations on other sites.

Your opinion on this?

Replies

• X-Engineer
    X-Engineer
    Songs.pk offers free download of latest Bollywood songs and gets 80% of its traffic from India.
    Strange ,I had heard that if we access songs.pk,our systems get hacked.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've not heard of any such incidence so far. But who knows? Why download pirated songs?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Pray for all the innocent victims of Mumbai attack .This is a small answer from All Indians. Remember we are together, you can just kill innocent people, women and children..But there is no future for you, we are coming with huge speed. Corruption will be under control, every Indian will have money and power.Then there will be no one to save you, you are a dirty stamp on pure Islam. Try to understand and respect it, just remember we are coming.Bye.Exit
    The message is strong, but I think the website is back again!
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    X-Engineer
    Strange ,I had heard that if we access songs.pk,our systems get hacked.
    A browser cannot do so unless you install some ActiveX or download some installer and install. Just browsing and downloading an MP3 file doesn't hack your system. 😀 Cool.

The_Big_K
    Songs.pk has a non-conventional business model. The site shows several pop-up and pop-under advertisements to every visitor and makes money through impressions and registrations on other sites.
    Biggie, as far as any free site is considered, this is the business model right? Getting paid by ads and surveys... 😔 We used to ignore such things! 😛
  • aashima
    aashima
    If that's a true news, BINGO!! Indians don't much believe in retaliating and reverting back!! When they didn't do anything for 26/11, well this is so small in comparison to that.
    As per Songs.pk, I've even heard that a large part of the money made from this site goes for funding various terrorist activities. Don't know how much truth lies behind this statement though. But yeah, we must refrain from using this site, for both reasons, the funding thing (for even .1% of truth in it!) and because of promoting piracy.
  • Rahul Jamgade
    Rahul Jamgade
    aashima
    If that's a true news, BINGO!! Indians don't much believe in retaliating and reverting back!! When they didn't do anything for 26/11, well this is so small in comparison to that.
    As per Songs.pk, I've even heard that a large part of the money made from this site goes for funding various terrorist activities. Don't know how much truth lies behind this statement though. But yeah, we must refrain from using this site, for both reasons, the funding thing (for even .1% of truth in it!) and because of promoting piracy.
    Guys Let me make the point clear here. The site songs.pk could be intentionally hosted so as to damage and hurt the Indian Music Industry by distributing the pirated music to Indians itself. Secondly if you at all browse the site and click certain links , even if you do not download or install anything from the site , you cannot guarantee that the site can't be used for hacking users . If one can place malicious content on the website, this could lead to hacking of user accounts who visit the website.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dress up your Firefox in the custom Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 Persona that’s right for you. No restart required to activate: Roll over on each...
There are 2 ways of doing it: Visit the Personas gallery, choose your favorite design, and click on your choice to instantly change the look of your browser. OR Go...
I intend to carry out a research based project on Turbo Machines especially for CNG vehicles, I wanted to know the amount of the gas being dispersed in an IC...
Gmail is now capable of showing the contents of ZIP and RAR file archives - without downloading 😀. I believe this feature is incredibly useful for everyone. Imagine when your...
They say which Python version you ought to use is mostly dependent on what you want to get done. There's a few downsides to Python 3.x such as comparatively limited...