Solving Electricity Problems In India

energy souces like the solar and the wind are being given importance now a days. our former president Dr. Abdul kalaam has a vision that by 2030, the tribals at the coastal areas will get electricity through solar means by erecting huge panels on the coast because there is ample of sunlight. nearly 6 crore people live in the coastal areas. they also have to better their lives. i feel that that the government should also fund a power plant that caters to the needs of all the unpriviledged people in india living in the inaccessible regions all over the country. because there is going to be a shortage of 40000 MW by 2030. what are your suggestions.?

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Re: unpriviledged india

Hi Shubhankar,
    Though Solar energy is plenty still its initial cost is high and we will have to shift to wards that particular source some day or other.
    So at this particular moment we must try to eliminate draw backs of not only Solar but also other non-conventional energy resources.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy

@ishu: ofcourse you may be correct but with our latest technology we can get only much power from solar
    almost we can generate 1.7M watts of power up to my knowledge
    but drawback is we can generate it only when sun is there i.e...., we can generate just 14 hours per day
    if we improve it it may be ultimate of energy because without sun there is no earth and with sun we can generate electric energy
    so we can make it as for future energy
    another thing is we had no specific equipment to save such large amount of energy
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE

In Italy people have got a concept of Solar wind bridge.
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    yeah i read that article on solar wind bridge. what you all say is correct. but i think that to set up a power plant at the coastal ares would be a problem because the raw material will have to be transported.that is why solar would be a clean source. and i agree only 14 hours will be available but it is okay because currently they dont have anything
  • lal
    lal
    I agree that we get 14 hrs of sun. But its not the same during the Monsoon or Winter. We'll have to find a suppliment at that time. So can't rely completely on sun for energy through out the year.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi everyone. i feel that the NGO's in various countries should take up projects from the government and pass on the work to the poorer and the unemployed group of...
The S band is currently making headlines in India! One of India’s prestigious Organizations, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is in middle of the controversy. There are speculations that this...
"Computers are killing human intelligence"
Do you believe in God?if yes then why .if no then why?
At Facebook, its common for small teams of three or four people to work together in creating products that are used by millions of people around the world. Watch how...