Solving 3 nonlinear equations

Hi people,
I am new here. Actually I find here while searching for something but I liked this active forum and I wanted to be a part of it ๐Ÿ˜

Actually I wasn't here for this question but since I am here, I want to ask you something.

For a personal project of mine, I need to solve three 2nd degree 3 unknown equations. The project is something like finding position of an object with a camera (I am trying some new thing, if it works, I will give detail or maybe some videos here ๐Ÿ˜)

The equations are like
x^2+5y^2+3z^2 = 653 (three of theese equations)

I tried to solve with matlab and it gives 8 solutions for every one of the parameters (x, y, z). Actually 2 of the solutions are positive real numbers, 2 of them are negative of theese 2 real numbers and four complex numbers which have different + - configurations.

I only need those 2 positive real numbers. But I need to solve this eqn. set in C# (since my project is in C#). I can't use iterative methods because they stop when they find a value. But I need both of these 2 positive real solutions.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks already ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Sekocan
    Sekocan
    Yeah I strongly agree that. Google and Wikipedia are everything for an engineer ๐Ÿ˜

But I couldn't find an answer in those sources. May be I couldn't find the right keywords?

Hmmm may be I am in the wrong place. I was always asking the engineers around me all this time. But may be I should find some Mathematicians ??

But maybe someone in this forum has worked with some problem like that?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is what ComScore says - What's your take?
WordPress - one of the world's most popular blogging platforms has won the "Best open source CMS (content management system) award -2009". WordPress is now fast turning into a CMS...
How do i crack my ansys?? it seems like my host not connected after i install the license...
Pls how does the Ford Thunderbird Tail Lights system work? How can I design the circuit and what codes do I need to drive the Circuit?
Sir / madam, My question is A 1 KM long wire is held by 'n' poles. If one pole is removed the length of the gap increases by 5/3 meters....