Solve this simple clothes dryer problem

OK, mechanical engineers! Solve this simple clothes dryer problem. An electric clothes dryer with its rotating drum does a good job of drying most clothing. But sheets and blankets tend to roll up in balls. While they may get dry, they don't get the lint and dust knocked off the areas inside the ball. What are some ideas for a better design?

I've often wondered whether a dryer whose drum reversed direction periodically would still roll clothes up in a ball. Anyone know the answer to that?

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    I would solve it differently then suggested via design and material of the sheets and blankets. An all in one washer/dryer unit could easily rotate alternate directions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir / madam, My question is Some work is done by two people in 24 minutes. One of them can do this work alone in 40 minutes. How much time...
Hi guys What is the difference between flywheel and governor? Well, I know that flywheel is a wheel which stores and releases energy and avoid fluctutations in speed and governor...
Hi guys I am in a big problem. I have to make a final year project. Although am interested in automobiles(cars) and have real talent in deigning their exterior. But...
Hello, Just found this website and (seriously)joined this website to gather a lot of information and stuff 😔 The problem is that im in my 5th semester of (electrical engineering)...
Hello, I have this little project in my mind to control the fans,lights and other electrical devices through my computer. . . which by further expanding i would try implementing...