Solar Powered PIC Based Automatic Irrigation System Using Ultrasonic Sensing in Measuring Water Leve

Project Description:

The project will create an automatic irrigation system that can maintain the amount of water to be used using ultrasonic sensing to measure the water level. the device will turn on the pump if the water level reach its minimum level allowing it to add amount of water in the field and when the height of water level is sufficient, the pump will stop. Then, when the sensor detect the water level to be rising above the needed water level, due to excess rainfall, the device will send the signal to the other device, which is a water gate, using rf transmitter and when the signal is received by the other device receiver, the device will release the excess water upto the needed level then automatically closed when the water level reaches the right level for the ricefield. The system will use GSM module for the farmer to be notified of what is the status of the ricefield. The devices will used solar power to operate the control system, sensor and the water gate.

any comments or suggestions?

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    I am confused.
    The water level you're talking about is the level of water in the rice field or some tank?
  • Joerel Bacani
    Joerel Bacani
    In the ricefield sir
    I didn't notice that the title was cut
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    So you'll be installing multiple sensors throughout the field?
    Are you going to give a dedicated solar panel to each of the sensor?
  • Joerel Bacani
    Joerel Bacani
    ill just use 1 sensor
    ill limit my area to just 5 to 10 square meters
    will it be sufficient?

this is my last year thesis project
    will it worked?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Joerel Bacani
    ill just use 1 sensor
    ill limit my area to just 5 to 10 square meters
    will it be sufficient?

this is my last year thesis project
    will it worked?
    You're thinking of it just for a sake of college project. What if I am to deploy your system in real scenario where the area is 20000 square meters. How will I be able to scale up your system? And is your system totally solar powered?
  • Joerel Bacani
    Joerel Bacani
    the microcontroller, rf module and sensor are solar powered

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans, This post is a simple Thank You note to all the moderators of CrazyEngineers for building this amazing and extremely helpful website. I want to give special thanks...
Apple said it took 'courage' to eliminate the 3.5mm audio port from the latest iPhone 7. Whether you like it or not, the industry is likely to follow Apple's footsteps...
sir, i have got one silly doubt maybe that due to i am not so good in trigonometry. My question is of forces on inclined plane while deriving stresses on...
Xiaomi has been a success in India there is no doubt about it. It started off its journey with flash sales of its dirt-cheap yet powerful smartphone exclusively on Flipkart....
I'm looking for recommendations for a split air conditioner with 2 Ton capacity and 5-star energy consumption rating. Is there any specific factor I should pay attention to while making...