Solar plane to soon fly around the world

Bertrand Picard, a Swiss adventurer is all set to unveil a prototype of a solar-powered plane he hopes eventually to fly around the world.

[​IMG] According to a news report, the initial version of the solar plane, spanning 61m but weighing just 1,500kg, will undergo trials to prove it can fly at night.

Picard, who made history by circling the globe non-stop in a balloon in 1999, said he wants to demonstrate the potential of renewable energies.

Picard’s Solar Impulse team has invested tremendous energy in trying to find what they believe is a breakthrough design.

[​IMG]“I love this type of vision where you set the goal and then you try to find a way to reach it, because this is challenging,” he told a channel. complete coverage can be found at....

#-Link-Snipped-#

-CB

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Super cool. After reading such news and articles, I really feel we stand nowhere. We just keep on doing discussions only. I wish it start working soon around the world. I guess fares will be less then I can go my home frequently 😛
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Burt Rutan (whom we interviewed on CE) already designed 'Challenger' that flew around the world non-stop!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    😁 nice, so is it that the plane will be flying + charging up during days and then use the energy during night?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Once, we are thorough with the Hiragana script, We can proceed towards the next level and get acquainted with The Katakana Script. As mentioned earlier, this script is used for...
CCFL-Crazy Cricket Fantasy League India vs West Indies Tour Fixtures: West Indies v India at Kingston - Jun 26 India won by 20 runs West Indies v India at Kingston...
In jalandhar we are gonna have 18 hour power cut everyday from Monday still having 14 hour cuts 😔 This heat and no electricity is making this the hardest summer...
Hi.... Please let me know if anyone here interested in freelacing Autocad/ Solidedge jobs on quantity base. This urgent requirement is at Surat, Gujarat so please domestic candidates do contact.
Hello everyone, im a crazy mechatronics engineer from Mauritius. Im currently looking for a final year project. I came across the crazy engineer forum while googling so here i am...