Solar Panel Specifications

hi all

A solar panel is required to charge a battery . the voltage, current and the capacity of the battery in Ah are known. now how do we proceed to select the solar panel to match these requirements ?

in general how are solar panels specified ?

Replies

• vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    It's a very simple problem.Just ask the shopkeeper which solar panel is best?
  • Donagh
    Donagh
    Solar panels are cool in the way that you can connect them in different configurations of parallel and series to get the desired current and voltage output that you need exactly like a battery would be connected. In parallel VT = V1 + V2 with current equal and in series IT = I1 + I2 with voltage equal.
    So you just buy the basic one and slap a few of them together to get your power output. You will need some sort of conversion stage of coarse but that can be found easy enough if you look up battery charging in a power book.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    zaveri
    A solar panel is required to charge a battery . the voltage, current and the capacity of the battery in Ah are known.
    A lead acid battery is usually charged at (A Hr/10) amps for ten hours. One can charge at higher currents but efficiency goes down. Just make sure that your panel has double this ampere rating since panels are specified at peak insolation. Also the useful power of a solar panel will be between 9 AM and 3 PM.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

in a differential, the pinion gear is rather smaller than the crown gear. so does torque step-up take place when power is transfered from the pinion to the crown gear...
if you check out the technical specifications of any vehicle and look under the engine section , there will be a parameter which will go like : max.torque : x...
Narendra Modi launched an incubation center for entrepreneurship development among youth. The center is based on a 35 acre plot near Ahmadabad. It was launched on the 11 September (9/11)...
Hello friends, i put forth this question to all my mates here who are working in CFD or Ansys related jobs. Others are also welcome to share their knowledge on...
😀 I am an instrumenntation engineer now a lecturer 👍 planning to do my M.E asap