Solar panel design

Total load 5600watts
5600 x 7 =39200wh
duration of sunlight = 7 hours
How many solar panels required of 200 watt and 12 volt???
How many batteries required of 200amp???
and also inverter which is used for converting DC to AC???

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Please remember that solar panels are specified for peak insolation, which will not hold for all seven hours. Clouds can modify the out put considerably.
    Having said that, each panel gives you 2400W. Panels needed /2400. I think the arithmetic is fairly simple for the rest of the calculation also. Please put in factor of safety and battery charge-discharge efficiency to arrive at batterycapacity.
  • Abrar Hazoor
    Abrar Hazoor
    each panel give 2400W how???
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    ahazoor
    each panel give 2400W how???
    Sorry my mistake. I misread your post. 2400WHr is your battery capacity.
    You will need 5600/200 = 28 panels.
    I suppose you meant 12v 200 amp hour batteries. Each battery is 2400whr.
    For 39200whr you need 39200/2400 = 17 to the nearest whole number
    This assumes that everything is at peak power and 100% efficiency.
    In actual use you may have to use 40 panels and 25 batteries.
    Since the load is 5600W choose an inverter that is at least 6KW rated.
  • Abrar Hazoor
    Abrar Hazoor
    thnx for info,

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

US Equity firm Bain Capital is in talk with Government of Singapore Investment Corporation and may go for a joint bid to take over GenPact India with a target of...
Yahoo announced on Friday that it has fixed and rolled out the patch for the the defect that allowed hackers to hack more than 450k user's passwords. Per Yahoo they...
Its not even a fortnight when Apple announced that they would not be complying the EPEAT certification. On Friday, Apple published a blog on their website stating that lots of...
Wish to know how to integrate paypal account with the freelancer account? I am from India and wondering if that's a good option.
so in almost every game or application we see a loading screen .The logic behind it is so easy look at these simple program https://www.koolcomputer.com/learn-java-loading-screen/