Solar Cyclones - Pointer to harnessing fusion power on Earth?

Thousands of solar cyclones each the size of Europe are scouring the surface of the Sun. These seem to hold a clue to how the Sun's corona can be at a million degree Kelvin while the surface below is a measly 5000 in an apparent violation of the laws of thermodynamics.
It seems that the huge twisted swirls of plasma and magnetic fields some 1500 kilometers diameter and speeds of tens of thousand kilometers per hourmakes the torsional Alfven waves race up the swirls to dissipate as heat in the upper reaches.
The intriguing thing is that this could show a way to harness fusion power in reactos on Earth.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what projects would you sujjest for a diploma final year project related to instrumentation and control
Dust Devils, a research team from Arizona State University conducted experiments in microgravity environment with NASA help. The greatest difficulty for the team was to focus on the experiments rather...
Yes, says Daniel Chamovitz, director of the Manna Center for Plant Biosciences at Tel Aviv University. He may be stretching the definition of 'Seeing', still he seems to have a...
I do not care much for laser light shows, though I had lots of fun with having kittens chase the red spot from my laser pointer. I came across this...
How does the firms such as samsung, LG, videocon, recruit? Since i've been able to appear in any of their recruitment process so i want to know the procedure to...