Soil moistur sensor

i m doing project on irregation for plants.in which i am going to use soil moistur sensor to detect water content..so i want to know more about it?how it works?which model is best to measure moistur in soil?how much cost it is.....help me if you know about it

Replies

• vinod1993
    vinod1993
    SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    how much cost it is.
    What do you mean? The cost of what? I think you can make your own soil moisture sensor instead of buying one..! 😀
  • SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    vinod1993
    What do you mean? The cost of what? I think you can make your own soil moisture sensor instead of buying one..! 😀
    no i am not making moistur sensor.i want to know about moisture sensor how it works and circuit diagram for that.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    no i am not making moistur sensor.i want to know about moisture sensor how it works and circuit diagram for that.
    I cannot provide a circuit diagram as it'll require a specific sensor, but I can clarify about the working of it.

A simple moisture sensor just consists of two electrodes. What you'll be measuring is the resistance of the soil. If the soil is moist, the resistance will be lower as the moisture will provide a conduction path, while in absence of moisture, the resistance will be high. That's the basis of a simple moisture sensor.

More sophisticated sensors are available which consider different factors, but for sake of understanding & small projects, this sensor model is ideal.
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can we use a compressed air as a fuel in the any two or four wheeler vehicle with a great speed .....
Concept on capacitor: Can assume capacitor connected between inverting input and output is their simple logic here non inverting terminal connected to ground I case capacitor charge in positive direction...
HAI TO ALL, IM NEW TO THIS SITE... I WANT JOB FOR MY RELEAVENT DEGREE..PLEASE HELP FOR ME.. THANK YOU
i am fresher graduated in 2012 in mechanical engineering. please let me know any companies recruiting for freshers in any this engineering discipline. i really need a job at now...
in case of amplitude modulation , whenever the massage signal is modulated using carrier wave, then the frequency of modulated signal is equal to that of carrier wave frequency but...