Software to learn over the summer! (Civil Engineering)

Hi Everyone,
I still have one semester remaining to finish my second year studies. What I’m wondering about is what to do over the summer, the reason I choose to learn some softwares is because of the intern I will have over the next year summer in Dubai. This while enhance me lot better to do any task required, but the face lies in selecting the correct program.
Courses that I’ve successfully completed are:
Structural Analysis 1
Surveying 1, 2
Architectural Panning and Construction
Civil Engineering Drawing

Actually, there are more major courses such as traffic and transportation, geology and others but I would like to focus on the structural side.
Programs that I was thinking of completing over the remaining three consecutive summers are:
Summer 1: AutoCad 2D and Staad Pro
Summer 2: Revit Structural Modelling(3D)
Summer 3: Primavera Project Planner.

The Problem is that Can I start taking Revit structural Modelling this summer after just finishing Structural analysis 1.
Besides what do you prefer me choosing from Revit structural modeling , Bentley structure or AutoCAD Civil 3D and why.

Many Thanks,
Best,
Aladdins,

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey friends,,,,we are organising a COMEDY CHALLENGE in our college .would u plz suggest me any decent name for d event
Greetings CEians, To all engineers around the area of Malaysia, University Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) from Malaysia is proud to announce that we are hosting the next IEEE STUDENT conference...
Looking at the current scenario, consultancy services are a good options for those who wish to start up. However, you need to be highly experienced in whatever field you choose....
What are some of the health risks of eating microwaved for regularly (if any).
To quote a familiar example, consider uploading multiple photos in facebook: We upload a random number of photos, and after upload they all show up in the same page. We...