SOFTWARE THAT WILL BE USEFUL FOR ENGINEERS

Hi. I am a new CrazyEngineer. I am about to start my first year in university.
I wonder what software I need to get used to. I am pretty sure that I will use MATLAB and CAD.

Can you give me the list of softwares and the computer spec that supports them?

Thank you.

zm-i

Replies

• mechky
    mechky
    For CAD, I'd suggest you to begin with SolidWorks. You can also learn MATLAB if you want.

For minimum system requirements, refer to the website of that particular software. A 2 Ghz Core 2 duo processor along with 2-3 GB RAM is enough for running most of the softwares. Along with that a dedicated graphics card will increase the performance of solid modelling softwares.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Have you seen this thread :

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    Thank you mechky.
    I will find the details of the software you recommended online.

Out of curiosity, which one do you prefer: Windows or Mac?
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    zaveri, I've just opened the link you gave me. Thanks.
  • mechky
    mechky
    zm-i
    Thank you mechky.
    I will find the details of the software you recommended online.

Out of curiosity, which one do you prefer: Windows or Mac?
    Since I have never operated Mac, so I can't make a comparison between them. I have been using Windows 7 since 2 years and before that I had Windows XP.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Firefox developers are on a roll. Its not even a week when Firefox 14 came out of the sandbox and into the world; the upgraded version with some major memory...
Hello friends, I have completed Diploma engineering in EC ... & I have no urge for Degree anymore. I have heard a lot about courses that helps to master in...
hi, i'm nandini.suri .i'm persuing my 3rd btech in dhanekula institute of engg. and technology in branch civil at vijayawada.
Can someone tell me the complete procedure of obtaining a CrazyEngineers Network ID? I wish to get one as soon as possible.