Software Testing as a carrer option

Hi all,
I recently got my new job where for the first 3 months I have been working as a intern under Software developer.But,due to my low performance because of not having a good hand on C language.I am being shifted to the testing department.I want to know if I am going in this what about the scope I am going to get in further jobs.Also can u name me some big companies where testing is required?

Replies

• Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Ryadav1
    .I am being shifted to the testing department.
    If you really want to make your career in Development field, go ahead, fill up those gaps and return to the track with double speed!

Ryadav1
    I want to know if I am going in this what about the scope I am going to get in further jobs
    Going ahead in the field of testing is also a very nice profession. After all, Production team depends upon tester to make sure, the code is working fine and it will not cause any issue and pass regression testing. In today's world, testing is a vast arena. Lots and lots of software/courses are there, where you can go ahead with making your professional life satisfactory.

Ryadav1
    Also can u name me some big companies where testing is required?
    Almost all big giants want testers my friend. Testing projects makes more profit to the Company than a development project (In many cases). This is my personal experience. Besides regular coding, I am assigned to look after the billing part of the team members. Developers are paid 23.3 dollar per hour and tester gets 36.6 dollar per hour. There are almost 70 candidates working in my LOB.
    So, do not worry, if you really want to make your career in testing field, there are many opportunities available.

Thanks.
  • Ryadav1
    Ryadav1
    Thanks for your advice,I've been hearing that there is not much growth in this profession.Should that be a point of concern for me?
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Ryadav1
    I've been hearing that there is not much growth in this profession
    Whatever you have heard from the people, is their perception. It might happen, the people who advised you are associated with some firms which do not have testing projects, or very less projects.
    Developers writes some codes. They do unit testing. But the client/buyer of the product will not blindly believe the developer. He will take the help of testers to ensure, the code is working fine. None of the code will be deployed in production region, unless is thoroughly tested. So, in the world, till the time developer exist, testers are a must. So not to worry about that.

Ryadav1
    not much growth
    "Not much growth" is a target statement for me. I will create this situation. How? I will try to posses all those capabilities that, my client will always be happy with my work. So, I will not give any other member to replace me. Go ahead with this strategy and I strongly believe, you are going to succeed. 😁

Thanks.
  • Ryadav1
    Ryadav1
    Thanku Kaushal...thanks for ur motivation
  • Sita Ram
    Sita Ram
    Hello All,
    Adding to the above question posted regarding software testing as a career option, i am currently working as a manual tester from one and half year in telecommunications domain. I couldn't find any growth here in my career. I good at JAVA and interested in coding. Can any one please suggest me various paths in building up my career.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sita Ram
    I couldn't find any growth here in my career.
    Have you analysed the reason for not seeing growth in career at your organisation? Is it you or the company that you're working for? If it's you, you need to address the root cause and if it's the company - you need to switch to a new job. I don't see a case building up for you to switch to a new career as a Java Developer.

If you are interesting in switching your career track as a Java Developer, I'd recommend that you should take up advance java certification and start applying to various companies. Java developers are hired by most of the companies out there and I'm sure any company would be willing to hire a highly skilled Java developer.
  • Ravi1004
    Ravi1004
    I havr bpo experience and I did bca in 2009 can I go for testing course now or please suggest me something better in IT field. Totally fed with bpo job.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ravi1004
    I havr bpo experience and I did bca in 2009 can I go for testing course now or please suggest me something better in IT field. Totally fed with bpo job.
    You can. But don't you think you need to figure out whether testing is a good career choice for you? Else, you'll end up bored in your new job as well.
  • Ravi1004
    Ravi1004
    Sir, actually i'm don't wana continue my job with bpo anymore because of no future growth. Therefore i want to move from bpo to IT.I'm learning software testing as well.please guide me...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ravi1004
    Sir, actually i'm don't wana continue my job with bpo anymore because of no future growth. Therefore i want to move from bpo to IT.I'm learning software testing as well.please guide me...
    Advice remains the same. You need to figure out whether testing is the right career choice for you before you opt to change your current track to testing.

Else, you'd end up being in the same situation.
  • msec123
    msec123
    In case of salary n number of opportunities, development is better. Once if u r very good in finding bugs and breaking the system and u enjoy it, better stick to testing it. There is a great future for testing as a software always need better quality.
  • Ravi1004
    Ravi1004
    msec123
    In case of salary n number of opportunities, development is better. Once if u r very good in finding bugs and breaking the system and u enjoy it, better stick to testing it. There is a great future for testing as a software always need better quality.
    Thank you sir...may I know the salary pkg for fresher in manual testing in india and for 1-2 year experience person. I mean to say how much growth i can expect in software testing?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

March 03 is famous for two things- Albert Einstein's birthday and it's also Pi day. Wishing a very Happy Pi Day to all! This year's pi day can be represented...
hello everyone... can any one plz tell me how to choose any company or any institute for vocational training...or it will be pleasure if anyone suggest any instituteor company
Hi, Are there builders/contractors who can build a house using gypsum board in Bangalore? Regards SJP1234
I have in my home an air conditioner and his remote controller that control by IR communication so when I touch one command in the remote controller the led of...
Suppose I have a 14 oz insulated thermos. I fill it with water heated to 145°F. After an hour, I measure the water temperature as 135°F. How do I calculate...